New Member - New Project

BME Pod

21700506-F527-48E6-889F-86D17DE0080B.png
Hi everyone

I’m a new member, been looking at sorting out a T6 for ourselves for a while but as it happens I might be getting a T6 for a work project

I’m an academic and as part of my job (mainly research around biomedical engineering) I do what we call “outreach” i.e. talking to school children/ public about engineering and the importance of STEM (science technology engineering and maths). I’ve done this in a variety of ways including through Brain Controlled Scalextric, and in my biggest claim to fame wiring up James May to an electric wheelchair through brain-computer interfacing. See the following for the details:

This time I will be building a mobile Pod to take to schools, fairs and whatever all over the country, and - you’ve guessed it - it will be based on a converted T6!

I will open a thread under the projects section as I am in need of help and ideas and can explain my whacky ideas better in a separate thread, but in the meantime here is a brief explainer I have created to show you what has got me excited this last year or so!

Thanks!

Christopher

Thanks - I'll send my email address (once I figure out the layout of this forum and where the PMs are!! :D)

Christopher
Click on the users avatar and choose 'start a conversation' :thumbsup:

Sounds really interesting. There are plenty of experts here who could contribute.

Pete

P.S. Get a LWB !

Sounds really interesting. There are plenty of experts here who could contribute.

Pete

P.S. Get a LWB !

Yes, I was hoping on getting some tips etc. - I have some ideas of my own, especially on "look and feel" but lots of scope for getting creative :) Also in need of either benevolent supporters or anyone with connections that can put me in touch with possible supporters. I am of course following my own leads but any thoughts gratefully received ... for example anyone with a solid connection with VW "HQ" in the UK would be a great contact to start with :)

I'd like to start a thread on the project ... not quite sure where best to place it though?

Cheers

Christopher

Back