New Kombi Spec?

cappo455

Hi Guys,

I was on the T5 forum for a long time with a 2012 combo and a 2013 caravelle.

I am purchasing a new T6 and have a few questions you guys could help me with.

I don't know whether to get a T30 or a T32? I do motocross and will be towing a for Williams box trailer like this ifor williams box trailer | eBay
When loaded up with bikes etc it could have 400 ish kgs of stuff on top of the trailer. Will the T30 do the job?

Secondly i have selected the simora fabric for the seats, does anyone have pics of the robust marathon fabric before i make my final choice?

Also does anyone have a pic of the comfort dash with bottle compartment versus the standard option?

Cheers Thankyou.

I’d go T32, we tow a 2tonne boat with ours, no problem. Make sure you get the bigger brakes, they used to be standard on a T32 but I’m not sure now.

I’d go T32, we tow a 2tonne boat with ours, no problem. Make sure you get the bigger brakes, they used to be standard on a T32 but I’m not sure now.

T32 doesn't get bigger brakes as standard .It's the high output engines that get the big brakes .

Just watch the wheels, we are looking at alloys and the T32 (with bigger breaks) does limit your choice.

Just watch the wheels, we are looking at alloys and the T32 (with bigger breaks) does limit your choice.

As far as I'm aware, the big brakes only come on the 204hp models. It just means you need wheels 17" and bigger. The main issue with a T32 is the load rating minimum can be restrictive when choosing wheels and tyres, but don't let it put you off. Plenty of us T32 owners have some cool looking wheels.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, the big brakes only come on the 204hp models. It just means you need wheels 17" and bigger. The main issue with a T32 is the load rating minimum can be restrictive when choosing wheels and tyres, but don't let it put you off. Plenty of us T32 owners have some cool looking wheels.

Big brakes come on the 150bhp as well I think, I cant back up my statement but my brakes are big.

Comfort dash was an absolute must for me when I ordered my Kombi, yes it’s a lot of money but I wanted it feel more like a car. It also has loads of different storage compartments.

It doesn’t have water bottle holders on top like the standard dash but does have a air con cooled single bottle holder at the bottom of the centre console and a pull out drinks holder under the gear stick but you can not fit anything bigger than a can of pop in them.
I’ll try and get some photos for the dash and post them up for you

Kombi 150 T30 comes with 16” Claytons
Kombi 150 T32 comes with 17” Deveonports

Possible the T32 has bigger brakes

Mine has big brakes and came with Devonports,
When you say you are restricted it’s not brake disc size that’s the prob it’s the load rateing surely you wouldn’t want to put anything under 17” on these vans?

Yes just checked yours and it’s not showing big brakes, shows 2E3 - 16 inch chassis which is standard brakes

E05F2133-0AC1-4832-9DD5-67582BFD2DBC.png

Thanks, I looked through mine twice and didnt spot that. I was looking for a number 17 though :/

Back