New garage door recommendation anyone?

@Sackmycook
If it’s a roller you are after I’m using RollerShield in Middlesbrough for a 3m x 3.5m insulated Ally roller in a stock colour
£2688 inc vat fitted (best price I could find)

This what they quoted from photos & a subsequent site visit when they lengthened the reqd shutter length by 500mm

Recommended to me by the steel building erectors who put this up 4 me

F9FC5944-220A-463C-90B9-F88EA90C2E15.jpeg

Search continues after visit from Garolla surveyor/fitter. Despite being quoted £990, seems my single opening is 'a big one'. It isn't. Plus a coloured door is extra , a 4 metre extension socket is extra, need a thicker door, extra !!
Result was a 50% increase in the quote. This was despite everything I asked for being noted in the original quote.
On your way mate
Why oh why do they do it. Seen this all to often in the solar panel and house battery space. It happened to me with my 1st IO EV charger. Give a quote, turn up, hiss through the teeth you need a new metal consumer unit, your 6mm UG cable gauge is too small. Here’s an extra £1300 (over double) on your quote. When I asked him why did the survey not pick it up. The excuses started. His face when I turned away, opened the gate and said ok have a good trip back.

He’d travelled 50 odd miles with an employee. I eventually got it done with a new slave consumer unit for £100 more than his original quote. Cable has been fine for 6 years

Hey there!

Replacing a garage door sounds like a smart move given the issues you're facing with your current one. A sectional electric garage door lasting 20+ years is quite a feat, but when it starts acting up, it's time for an upgrade.

For a standard single roller style door with full insulation in anthracite, you might want to check out Broom Garage Doors. They offer a range of options that could suit your needs, and their products are known for their quality and durability. Plus, having a well-insulated door will not only provide better temperature control but also enhance security and reduce noise.

Additionally, it's always a good idea to seek recommendations from local providers or browse national brands to compare features, pricing, and warranties. Make sure to inquire about installation services as well, as getting the door properly fitted is crucial for optimal performance.

Good luck with your garage door replacement journey!
WTF?

Back