New ABT-e Transporter

If they catch on then sure we could do something but at the moment i dont think theres sufficient content for a separate section
If we add one later we can easily move all existing relevant content there :thumbsup:

so the rated distance is 83 miles right? I assume thats at full load 997kg. Does anyone know what the unladen distance is, roughly?

so the rated distance is 83 miles right? I assume thats at full load 997kg. Does anyone know what the unladen distance is, roughly?
I wouldn't assume that the range quoted is when fully laden, unless you've seen that in print.
The MPG quoted for our ICE vans isn't for when used fully laden so I doubt the range of an EV would be.

Is that a joke? I bet some amazon drivers are doing 200m a day - they’d need 3 vans!

Is that a joke? I bet some amazon drivers are doing 200m a day - they’d need 3 vans!
83 miles probably equates to 30 miles in Devon with the hills.
They might be OK if they are delivering Walkers crisps.

This will be a very interesting thread because @BoomBoom83 can keep us updated about real life pros and cons, including range, as time goes on.

Hi, How many miles does the display on the dash read after a full charge. Are you charging the van from a wall box or 13 amp plug in charger

Charging off of a Wallbox. The van only charges at 3.7kw not 7kw like I was lead to believe. At the moment it is fully charging and showing a range of around 55 miles. When it was delivered I was getting 80 from it. The temperature is having a big impact on the range (it only charged to 45 miles earlier in the week when we had a frost). Luckily I only travel about 15/20 miles a day.

Yes LeeTr same with my van. I had the van booked in a couple of months ago with a VW authorised garage to look at the range dropping from 70 to around 50 miles. They had it linked in with VW technical but there was no fault with the battery. They did update the software and the van seems a bit faster when moving from stand still. I also had the van back for safety recall - battery positive cable check. Apparently there is another recall but I haven't received a letter yet.

I’m getting 46-52 miles on dash after a full charge. In reality around town I’m getting 55 miles and on a longer run closer to 70.

Ouch!
Not a camper then. Can you imagine trying to get to Bala!
Can you put solar panels on the roof and have it charge as you drive?

Hi Lee Tr and Boom Boom 83. Just a couple of questions plz.

1 At this time of year would the battery take more charge if the van was parked in garage to charge overnight.
2 To extend range is it better when driving to use to heating in the van to warm up or would it be better to use the heated seats?
Thks

Hi guys, can someone let me know what the point is of this van? I had one as a loan vehicle and they only gave me the pod point type cable to charge it, not one to plug in a 3 pin socket. My experience of it was
1 fast to 60
2 top speed 60
3 slow to charge
4 range poor unladen
5 performance restricted at about 1/4 charge remaining.

About the only thing I see it being useful for is to deliver bubble wrap between 2 places no more than 15miles apart where you need to do an 8hr days work whilst it charges. Is it just a tax dodge and if so why not just get an electric car?

Back