Need to drive Glos to Silvertown, London. Route Advice?

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I need to make a work journey to West Silvertown, London, this week. Aiming to arrive at roughly midday and travelling in from the west (starting point is Cheltenham, Glos).

Just looking for some route advice from anyone that travels into/through London.

Google maps seems to prefer taking the A406 to the north of London, and then dropping down (still on the A406) to Silvertown. This does avoid the congestion charge.

As good a route as any, or ....?

Postcode I'm aiming for is E16.

TIA :thumbsup:

i would choose this route. (A406 and London Ramo) (No CC London in E16)

its longer in Miles . . . . but will be faster in time. (IMHO)

M40
M25
M11
A406
A13

1612105473500.png

1612105758941.png

1612105784235.png

or:

M40 and direct through the middle of London,

but will have to pay CC London, play with the traffic.

i would choose this route. (A406 and London Ramo) (No CC London in E16)

its longer in Miles . . . . but will be faster in time. (IMHO)

M40
M25
M11
A406
A13

That’s the route we used to take when we went from Gloucester to the Tate & Lyle factory to pick up liquid sugar for Unilever (Walls Ice Cream) in Gloucester

That’s the same route I take to Whitechapel which is even further in, going around is still faster than going through.

I travel around the A406 everyday from Barking to Hendon & back on my scooter. As has been said, it is still very busy, even in these restricted travel times. Definitely M11, A406, A13. Longer but should be quicker.
If you se a big bloke on a very dirty Vespa 300 along the A406 heading to Barking, give me a bib on your hooter!!!

If you are not using the App WAZE already, defo download it and use it for driving around London. Everyone uses it in town, every mini can, Uber delivery driver so it it very instant on traffic snarl ups or accidents. I would strongly recommend you have it running as soon as you hit London.
I drive in London most days for work and it's saved me hours in short cuts around incidents.

Back