My thoughts after a weekend of new T6.

New2t6

T6 Pro
Thought I’d write a wee review after having my kombi for a few days, if anyone is interested.
As background I bought a LWB Shuttle 6 months ago and compromised on a lot of stuff that I would have liked as it’s all very expensive!
3 months later ordered a new kombi and then sold the shuttle once the kombi was ready.
White Kombi SWB, 150, T30, DSG highline.
Extras-LED headlights, comfort dash, power latching door/boot, composition radio, app connect, extra usb, extra door seals, front and rear parking sensors and camera, that’s it!
In no particular order, extra door seal a must have...app connect is great, plug phone in and press app button on stereo and all comparable apps are there, phone, message, maps, Spotify....I love the comfort dash(it’s a family car not a working van)....not fussed much about power latching doors but was only £120 ish so went for it, lights......best £1600 option ever! Shuttle I had didn’t have them and I really struggled to justify adding them but so glad I did. Sensors good, still like to look over shoulder even though there’s a camera....maybe I’ll get used to it. T30 drives much smoother than T32, must be the softer suspension.

What’s next then....some sort of pull out bench-bed in the back for very occasional use/storage/cycling/swimming trips etc....putting Devonports on instead of the highline alloys I think. Bit of wrapping....maybe black roof like edition model, maybe black bonnet(stone chip protection) ...probably some coloured strips on grills(green I think)...maybe even a wee black inlay vinyl in the devenport spokes....not fussed enough to buy black alloys....maybe green wing mirrors.....oh yeah the insulating and carpeting the back....maybe black wrap instead of rear dummy windows....eventually the 30mm Vw lowering.
Feels like a long list and don’t know where to start!

Wouldn't bother with black bonnet roof yes wrap or paint 30mm sportline springs but go the extra if you can for bilstein b14s with devenport black painted wheels would look great I met superfly on Saturday he had rather a nice bed/ bench in the back of his think he said it was from exploria? I like the coloured panel instead of a wrap but each to their own

I agree with ^^^^^ - dont make a fake window with vinyl, either leave it or put a piece of glass over.

I prefer the kombi look to the minibus look tbh

I like that, think I will. Where did you get them?

I'm going to start selling these at this rate, you're not the first to ask.
I asked my signwritter to replicate the Edition stripes from a Google image, and after some careful measuring, he got it spot on.
I do actually have a full set of Orange ones that they gave me, that they used as a template if you wanted Orange by any chance. Other than that, I assume most sign writers can carry out this job. If not, drop me a PM and I will pass you the details of the chap in Leicester that did mine.

I'm going to start selling these at this rate, you're not the first to ask.
I asked my signwritter to replicate the Edition stripes from a Google image, and after some careful measuring, he got it spot on.
I do actually have a full set of Orange ones that they gave me, that they used as a template if you wanted Orange by any chance. Other than that, I assume most sign writers can carry out this job. If not, drop me a PM and I will pass you the details of the chap in Leicester that did mine.
Ok thanks, was asking as I have similar on eBay, but not exactly the same, they say “edition 30” also, I’d not want that bit. But yeah the guy who would do the roof could do this too. How much should I be expecting to pay ?any idea.

With VAT, and fitting I paid just under £200. I've used the same company on all my vans, and their vinyl is really nice quality.

Cracking New2t6. Tell me more about the extra door seal. Why is this a must have? Wish I had power latching:unsure:

Cracking New2t6. Tell me more about the extra door seal. Why is this a must have? Wish I had power latching:unsure:
I think it’s standard on caravelle and Cali, just an extra seal on the doors so it’s quieter, sounds different when you close the doors too ,less like a van!
it was only about £30, and you can retro fit it yourself, seen the seals for sale on fb for £20ish, well rated by others too

I really have started to feel the love for vinyl graphics. Easy way to make your van stand out.

I really have started to feel the love for vinyl graphics. Easy way to make your van stand out.

I didn't like them to start with, and felt they ruined my all Black look, but they are growing on me now, and seem to get a lot of comments. Even my dealer asked where I got them when they saw the van after I'd finished my mods.

Back