Mudflaps

Hiya @Sean Proctor , from what I can make out, they aren't too bad if you have access underneath.. Also someone has used strong double sided tape to avoid drilling rear bumper, just make sure your happy with that if you go down that route, as you don't want anything flying off and hitting someone/something when you have fitted it!

Other than that, all I can recommend is fit one per wheel :eek::D:rofl::rofl::speechless::uh run:

I only put strong double sided tape on the vertical edge. I did have to drill underneath the bumper for the four main fixings. I just didn't want holes where they could be seen, should I ever want to take them off. They have now been on for six months and are still fine. The tape I used is what we use for fixing signs to rails on the side of the road.

6 months later and I've still got my flaps in the box.... can't bring myself to drill the bumper. What's the tape you used @Rslad?

6 months later and I've still got my flaps in the box.... can't bring myself to drill the bumper. What's the tape you used @Rslad?
I'm with @Walski, I'm not drilling my bumper so in the box they stay.
Here are the instructions I got with the front ones if you need the rear ones I have the somewhere.
[URL='https://www.t6forum.com/media/img_1725-large-copy.563/']
Kev

4232-fee4bebfba178c8185a02bae4530c610.jpg[/URL]

I'd rather have the holes in the bumper with mud flaps than have all the road rash over it.

I'd rather have the holes in the bumper with mud flaps than have all the road rash over it.
Even with mud flaps, they sit around 3 inches back from there arch so the paint will get chipped. I've also added paint protection film before I added the mud flaps to avoid this problem.

I've only fitted the front ones as it was flicking crap all up the doors and side of the van, don't think the rears will do much to be honest so not fitting them.
Fronts were easy to fit. Offer the fronts up to the arch you will see the first fixing that fits on the bar attached to mudflat remove hex screw then you will see a rubber gromit for other fixing pull that out and fit the insert that comes with kit and use screws that are supplied ,

Last edited:
Well them front mudflaps are crap :eek: :rofl:took the short cut down the lane to get onto the A5 looks like I've been rallying in the van crap all up the sides on the side bars it was spotless yesterday morning

Well them front mudflaps are crap :eek: :rofl:took the short cut down the lane to get onto the A5 looks like I've been rallying in the van crap all up the sides on the side bars it was spotless yesterday morning

They do look good though, so that's got to count for something..... right?

They do look good though, so that's got to count for something..... right?
It's all about the looks shame they don't work :rofl: they only took me 20mins max to fit them both and spouse they keep a little bit less crap off my once shiny paintwork.
What's next on the plans for the van m8

What's next on the plans for the van m8

The vans booked in with absolute in March for lining, insulation etc. I'm also trying to source some decent seat covers and some matts too.
Then I want to get a multi-rail and a drive away awning.

Normally I'm a sucker for OE equipment, but have opted this time for aftermarket flaps as these didn't require any painted bumper drilling.
The ones I fitted where mounded to fit both front and rear and screwed into the wing liners, so if I ever take them off you won't be able to tell.
Not bad for £30 ish pounds for a full set either.

The vans booked in with absolute in March for lining, insulation etc. I'm also trying to source some decent seat covers and some matts too.
Then I want to get a multi-rail and a drive away awning.
Excellent decision. :thumbsup:

Back