More help needed...

Veema

Teaching Assistant
T6 Guru
Ok, so here we are at Trencreek campsite near Newquay...Phoebe hates it, the toilets smell and the site is cramped and she got a handful of someone's hair whilst in the pool (she has a phobia of hairs). Anyway, that's by the by, she's tired and grumpy after an early start and a long, boring journey (M5 was a nightmare all the way down).

My question is this...she sleeps in the pop top and has just got really upset about where she sleeps...obviously I think she should have her head at the front where it's the highest part and her feet down in the lowest part, but she says she's scared of falling out, so she's the other way. She has a sleeping bag, won't use a quilt, so struggles to get in it and get comfy.

Anyone have a sort of bed guard thing which will stop her falling out? Or any other ideas?

Yes you can have a bed guard fitted which clips to the roof from the bed floor. It's basically a netting that stops any little people falling off the edge! We have one for our 2yr and 4yr old. Our conversion company fitted ours for like £80. It's great peace mind and kids sleep with it no problem.Would totally recommend one.

I've offered but she wont, even said she could sleep with me down here.

Yes you can have a bed guard fitted which clips to the roof from the bed floor. It's basically a netting that stops any little people falling off the edge! We have one for our 2yr and 4yr old. Our conversion company fitted ours for like £80. It's great peace mind and kids sleep with it no problem.Would totally recommend one.

Brill...thanks. No good for this trip, but I'll speak to my conversion chap when I get home

Maybe short term just put a suitcase or large holdall at the end, might make her feel a bit more secure.

Yes I have a safety net, they're widely available, think they might even be standard with Calis? Never use mine though, I sleep up top and my granddaughter sleeps downstairs, I wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise as I have an irrational fear that someone could kidnap her if she was only surrounded by canvas! (No really)

Yes I have a safety net, they're widely available, think they might even be standard with Calis? Never use mine though, I sleep up top and my granddaughter sleeps downstairs, I wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise as I have an irrational fear that someone could kidnap her if she was only surrounded by canvas! (No really)

It's totally not irrational...I've always worried about that...we started with a folding camper and I'd panic someone could steal Phoebe from that! I'd never let her leave a window open in her room either...ha ha ha...

They do come with the California and are ofter for sale on the Cali forum, I already gave mine away to another forum member or you could have had mine.. I'll have a quick look and see if there are any on there now..

For sale on Camper Van Tastic for £136.99 with £9.50 postage.

One was sold for £45 only Wednesday, If I see another I'll let you know.

Back