Sold Monster Steel Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
This is something that doesn't come up for sale very often, but I have just purchased a set of 17" Weller deep steels. To my disappointment they do not fit the big brakes of my T32. I don't know why, because I've run 17s several times with no issues. It also says nothing on the Weller website about these not fitting a big brake Transporter, so i'm a little perplexed.

Anyway, I now need to move these on to find another winter set. These are perfect for a Swamper look, or swap the tyres and they will look awesome on a show vehicle, simply because the dish on these puppies is immense. It makes my 19 banded steels look like they are just playing at banded wheels, which is exactly why I wanted these wheels.
They are staggered 10" and 8.5" with 255/60/17 106 rated rears, and 235/65/17 104 fronts.
The tyres are all the same Continental 4x4 Contact, M&S rated and look like they are pretty much as new.

The wheel condition is great, with no kerbing, but a couple of the wheels have had the edges touched up in places where the powder coating has lifted, probably from pressure washing. This wasn't an issue for me, because i'd of possibly just changed the colours, or just ran them like this for winter. They still look extremely tidy, and you can bolt them straight on as they are. They also come with genuine VW centre caps, and a full set of the correct Weller bolts.

Lastly, bare in mind that these wheels are fully legal and load rated according to the constant comments on Wellers Instagram about their wheels being approved and banded not :whistle:

I literally just picked them up from the other side of Birmingham today, got home, and realised they won't fit my T6, so they are here to be sold. They owe me £600, and this is a bargain for what they actually are.
I'd consider a deal with a set of Amarok 18" steels, banded or none banded.

If you want something different, and head turning, or a Swamper look on a standard height T6 for a cheap facelift for those that don't want to spend thousands on lowering, or you have a slammed T6 that you fancy a cool set of winters, without compromising the looks, then a quick tyre change and these things will rock.

20190831_133615~2.jpg

20190831_112224.jpg

20190831_110231-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:
Like them, like them a lot.
Shame, as mine is also a T32. ☹️

Coincidently, Weller just randomly messaged me through Instagram, saying they will fit with a 5mm spacer, so I've ordered a pair of spacers, and changed the advert to sold, as in not for sale anymore. Just got to go through the whole tyre search now, because it's near on impossible to find load rated tyres below 45 profile in winters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back