Mk8 gti seats in a 2018 T6

Pani

Merry Christmas everyone.

I need some guidance regarding SRS wiring.

I've installed a pair of mk8 cloth Golf GTi seats in my 2018 T6.

Prior to instalation, i purchased the additional adaptor plates that provide the larger anchorage point footprint to accommodate the wider GTi seat.

Seats are now and, torqued up and working well.

The dilema I have now is the wiring. The chassis loom to the new seats are no longer compatible. Has anyone carried out this conversion before? Are there companies out there that sell a link lead to avoid breaking into any of the seat or chassis loom?

Any assistance will be much appreciated

Cheers
Pan

Bet they look good in the van :thumbsup:

Assume you need pin outs for airbag, occupied sensor and heating elements?

Bet they look good in the van :thumbsup:

Assume you need pin outs for airbag, occupied sensor and heating elements?
They do look and feel great. I am reluctant to cut and solder anything unless it's an absolute must. Hoping someone has a link to buy new pins and block connectors to make a loom that suits.

Thought it be easier to explain using pictures. So the seats are in. The 2 plugs featured is what is fitted to the base of each seat.
They have heated seats but my T6 doesn't have this function, so I'm not interested with this function.
Need to find the pins and opposite block connectors to fit into the seats. I guess the best way is to find another Mk8 gold that's being broken and cut them from the loom...

The next set of pics is what I have on my chassis loom.

IMG-20221227-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0004.jpg

I basically need to connect these 2 plugs into the Mk8 connectors.
My question is, does someone already produce a link loom? Or is there a website I can purchase the connectors to make my own? Will VW sell these?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

IMG-20221227-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0002.jpg

Btw where did you get them from?...........all the seats i've found are rotten dirty !!!!

I reckon (although might be wrong) that the yellow one will be for the airbag(s). The black plug with the red and brown could be occupancy sensor.

I reckon (although might be wrong) that the yellow one will be for the airbag(s). The black plug with the red and brown could be occupancy sensor.
I know exactly what each wire does. That's not my issue. I don't want to cut and splice into any of the looms. Looking for connector blocks and pins to make a small link loom

Airbag connectors can be tricky to come by, VW are not keen listing them/selling them as they dont want people messing with the airbag system

You could try your local TPS, if they will serve you (its hit and miss) then give them the part numbers of your existing plugs and tell them you want the 'mating connectors' for them (thats the term their computers ETKA use)

Airbag connectors can be tricky to come by, VW are not keen listing them/selling them as they dont want people messing with the airbag system

You could try your local TPS, if they will serve you (its hit and miss) then give them the part numbers of your existing plugs and tell them you want the 'mating connectors' for them (thats the term their computers ETKA use)
That's precisely what I was going to do. In the meantime I've found connectors online from Latvia, Germany and Aliexpress of all places lol. Be nice to source something locally though.
I've got time on my hands and not in an immediate rush. Just casting my net to see what options I get. Appreciate the help. Thank you

I have access to parts listings/prices, if you find the part numbers of the plugs you need i can tell you how much they would cost in the UK

Seats look nice. This is what I’m wanting to do with with the Tiguan seats I have got. Would be great if we could get just a plug n play.
Did you have two single seats or have you removed a bench seat?

Seats look nice. This is what I’m wanting to do with with the Tiguan seats I have got. Would be great if we could get just a plug n play.
Did you have two single seats or have you removed a bench seat?
Just the 2 single seats. I've been speaking with an electrical guy that might be able to make me the connector looms and without breaking the bank also. Fingers crossed. Will keep the forum posted

I am looking at doing the exact same thing so would be interest if you find an adaptor. It's even harder to find anything for transporters where I live.

I was looking for something similar and found this thread. I'm assuming it'll be the same for the T6.

Back