Missing bolt from DPF

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Ok long story .. so I’m keeping it short to focus on what I’d like to get sorted .
I’ve mentioned the basics in another thread but wanted to isolate this to one main thing a missing bolt .
Basically it’s the support bracket for the diesel particulate filter . I’ve taken a screen shot from a video I had supplied by the garage that pointed it out .. they wanted to charge £30 + vat to sort it .

Does anyone know what the bolt size / type is so I can get it sorted out myself.

Cheers

IMG_2128.png

Last edited:
Just go to the dealer and buy the bolt directly from their parts department, and
as I said it’s a long story I didnt want to have write an essay to explain the whole experience but that’s why I’m asking here.. if you knew the whole story you would understand . Anyway yes that’s sound advice I’ll give it a go but if anyone could supply an alternative source link than the garage I’ve been using that would be helpful.

Fit a grade 8 (high tensile) BZP bolt. You can measure the diameter of the hole and the length required.

Most VW OEM bolts tend to be geomet coated but bright zinc plated (bzp) will be fine.

They are likely to be std metric size threads. Generally, it is only seatbelt fixings that are non metric on European cars - these are often 7/16 UNF.

Being a hoarder I have a large box of surplus / recovered nuts and bolts - I usually have something available in an emergency! Threaded rod and nuts is handy and can be fashioned to suit.

Most VW OEM bolts tend to be geomet coated but bright zinc plated (bzp) will be fine.

They are likely to be std metric size threads. Generally, it is only seatbelt fixings that are non metric on European cars - these are often 7/16 UNF.

Being a hoarder I have a large box of surplus / recovered nuts and bolts - I usually have something available in an emergency! Threaded rod and nuts is handy and can be fashioned to suit.
My main issue is I can’t get under the van I have no real area to set the van up and get into this kind of stuff .. I don’t trust the stupid Jack . So I would like to get the correct bolt and then I’ll take it to someone else who can fit it

My main issue is I can’t get under the van I have no real area to set the van up and get into this kind of stuff .. I don’t trust the stupid Jack . So I would like to get the correct bolt and then I’ll take it to someone else who can fit it
Why not just take it to a garage and they will source a bolt?

Why not just take it to a garage and they will source a bolt?
lol if I told you the whole complicated story of this you would find that funny … but yes your totally right why not indeed ..
right Now I’m just awaiting the original garage to let me know if they will provide one for me to take elsewhere and fit

Back