M1 Crash Tested Bed Or Not ?

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
my van has a rock in roll bed that is not M1 crash tested. I only bought the van in july this year, the seller told me it was not M1 crash tested but as the van was a good price and also there is only me and missus + dog, so no one ever travels in the back . for this reason I was happy enough with the bed already fitted.
I have been thinking about upgrading and getting an M1 tested bed though , the one i have seen is the Smart bed evolution 2. Has anyone got one of these and what do you think of them ?

More to the point, do you think i am wasting money upgrading to an M1 tested bed or should i stick with what i have got ? is it worth the extra cash ?

I intend to sell the van in maybe 2 or 3 years and get another vw van so I wasn't sure if a RIB that isn't M1 tested would put off potential buyers ?

That’s not a RIB, a RIB is a certain make of rock and roll bed. Yours looks decent enough and I wouldnt go through the hassle and money expenditure just to have a m1 pull tested bed.

As said above, I have sold my previous campervans with and without pull tested beds, some people want one some don’t. What’s the attachment points like underneath the van, do they have strengthening plates fitted etc?

That’s not a RIB, a RIB is a certain make of rock and roll bed. Yours looks decent enough and I wouldnt go through the hassle and money expenditure just to have a m1 pull tested bed.

As said above, I have sold my previous campervans with and without pull tested beds, some people want one some don’t. What’s the attachment points like underneath the van, do they have strengthening plates fitted etc?

that just shows how little I still know about vw campervans, i didn't know RIB is a certain make of bed . we spoke via PM last week regarding strengthening plates/large spreader washers etc...:thumbsup:

Back