LWB Reimo Roof Drainage.....drip drip.

vw-me

T6 Pro
Hi,

I've got a Reimo roof on my LWB T6 with the front spoiler thing that deflects the wind.
It seems that the gap between the roof and the spoiler is holding water and it isn't draining away except down my door sides.
It wasn't an issue at first, but is now getting on my nerves getting on my seats wet when I open the door and dripping onto the foot well.

Should I have some kind of drain hole somewhere to stop it holding back. The gutter rail is blocked at the front where the spoiler adhesive is.

Has anyone else got/had the same issues ?

Cheers !! 2017-09-11 10.22.25.jpg2017-09-11 10.22.31.jpg

The above pic is bit dark, but you can't actually put anything through this gap.

Yep, had exactly the same issue with my SCA. I fitted a Reimo rail down both sides of the van (I needed one on one side anyway for the awning). This will stop the problem. I think Reimo also do a short trim piece that runs across the top of the door and directs any water onto the windscreen.

Yep, had exactly the same issue with my SCA. I fitted a Reimo rail down both sides of the van (I needed one on one side anyway for the awning). This will stop the problem. I think Reimo also do a short trim piece that runs across the top of the door and directs any water onto the windscreen.

I'd not thought of a rail :)

Sounds like the way to go as opposed to trying to open holes in the filler/adhesive.
Thanks for that Deaky.

Yep I have the same problem with our SCA LWB roof.
Its a real pain!:(
Have now got used to using the side door when its been raining to get to drivers seat!!
Then watch all the water running down the sides when I leave the drive!
The rail sounds like a good idea.

Yep I have the same problem with our SCA LWB roof.
Its a real pain!:(
Have now got used to using the side door when its been raining to get to drivers seat!!
Then watch all the water running down the sides when I leave the drive!
The rail sounds like a good idea.

I just don't want a water stained seat.
Just need to find a link to the short Reimo one, don't want a full rail on the drivers side as it seems a waste of money.

Last edited:
Thanks for that rapid response, I was expecting it to look a bit messy, but it doesn't stand out too much.
Think I'll be ordering some later today :thumbsup:

What make are your wind deflectors ? I ordered some Dubflectas yesterday.

Must say I like the look of the spoiler bit on the SCA as it looks like it's supposed to be there with it sitting snug. My Reimo one looks like it's an afterthought by Reimo.

Thanks for that rapid response, I was expecting it to look a bit messy, but it doesn't stand out too much.
Think I'll be ordering some later today :thumbsup:

What make are your wind deflectors ? I ordered some Dubflectas yesterday.
I don't notice them nowadays - think on a lighter coloured van they may be a bit more obvious?

The wind deflectors are Dubflecta Retros.

Thanks for posting this!!!! I was almost at the point of buying a reimo rail to deflect water which seemed a big expense for that purpose. This looks exactly what I need!

Do I just buy two of the same thing (or are they handed?)
Buy 2 the same

Thanks for posting. Do you notice any wind noise at speed?

:thumbsup:
I don't notice any wind noise from the pop-top, wind deflectors, gutter strips or the Fiamma wind out awning unless I have the window open - biggest noise in my van (besides Jo and the dogs!?) is pots and pans rattling in the cupboards - don't even get a lot of that driving at speed on decent roads e.g. motorways. However, I rarely go above 70.

ThanksD&J

But then again, ISTR that you couldnt hear your Fiamma awning rattling.

I SAID YOU COULDNT HEAR YOUR....

Sorry, my attempt at humour
:p

Lol - I really don't hear the Fiamma rattling unless the road is particularly bumpy but even then I get more noise from inside the van. Wonder if the nice spoiler on the SCA deflects the wind differently?

I had a previous T6 LWB that didn't have the front spoiler on and you could hear the air rushing around that, and also feel a bit of a chill if you reached up. It never did pull down properly on one side though no matter how hard you pulled the straps down.

I am very impressed with my Slidepods installed SCA roof and with how little, if any, wind noise it generates.
Rain seems to sit on the roof, and cascades off on driving away, with the rain gutters they added effective in their purpose. No wet seats or floor, probably assisted by deflectors.
Really like the latching of the roof too, straps I use on the roof rack!

Back