Long wait for Warranty work

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've just tried to book my van into Listers Coventry Van centre to have some warranty work done on my van using my extended warranty. They cant have it in before April cos they are busy.

Once again my ACC failed whilst I was driving, the Carista reset I'd done previously fixed it for about 1500 mile and today the Carista is showing the same issue is back.

Listers have told me the extended warranty I have can be used at any VAT registered service. I'll give Leicester a try but i don't hold out much hope.

Anybody know of a reliable local VW service local to Leicester to see if I can get it done quicker?

Give them a call and ask for the VW technician (silver van) not the AA man (yellow van). If he cannot fix it you will get priority booking at your dealer.
I'll give it a go on Monday.

Our local AA dude could also get us booked in within a short timescale, it's part of the their contract with VW, I think. He did explain it to me but my memory is pants and I've not had them come to the new van at all.

I've just tried to book my van into Listers Coventry Van centre to have some warranty work done on my van using my extended warranty. They cant have it in before April cos they are busy.

Once again my ACC failed whilst I was driving, the Carista reset I'd done previously fixed it for about 1500 mile and today the Carista is showing the same issue is back.

Listers have told me the extended warranty I have can be used at any VAT registered service. I'll give Leicester a try but i don't hold out much hope.

Anybody know of a reliable local VW service local to Leicester to see if I can get it done quicker?
I've had my van in for warranty work at Leicester in December which they partly did but caused another issue, it's been in again in January to sort but they didn't bother to order the SOS control module so I'm waiting till mid March to get this sorted.
I think most VW dealers are busy/under staffed.

Got to say its borderline whether I opt for the 2 year all-in warranty extension in March. The stealers seem very lackadaisical and I have a great local garage which handles a lot of VW's and the owner is a Caddy enthusiast.
I'm figuring buying the VW assist 2 year cover for £160 and doing everything else myself or local garage.

Got to say its borderline whether I opt for the 2 year all-in warranty extension in March. The stealers seem very lackadaisical and I have a great local garage which handles a lot of VW's and the owner is a Caddy enthusiast.
I'm figuring buying the VW assist 2 year cover for £160 and doing everything else myself or local garage.
If you have a local you trust, I’d do that. The only hook is the extended warranty

I've had my van in for warranty work at Leicester in December which they partly did but caused another issue, it's been in again in January to sort but they didn't bother to order the SOS control module so I'm waiting till mid March to get this sorted.
I think most VW dealers are busy/under staffed.
I stopped using Leicester 2 years ago. I found them to be less than helpful on a couple of occasions. They once stated that my fuel gauge was stuck because I'd had a diesel heater fitted and it had damaged the sensor despite the same happening before the conversion: refused to do it under warranty.

Went Coventry. The sensor was damaged but internally. Nothing to do with the heater and they sorted it.

I may have to swallow my pride

I stopped using Leicester 2 years ago. I found them to be less than helpful on a couple of occasions. They once stated that my fuel gauge was stuck because I'd had a diesel heater fitted and it had damaged the sensor despite the same happening before the conversion: refused to do it under warranty.

Went Coventry. The sensor was damaged but internally. Nothing to do with the heater and they sorted it.

I may have to swallow my pride
Mine went in for the Bowden cable warranty work and came out with a SOS warning issue. 2020 van with no issues until it went in and they say it wasn't them!!
I also asked them to do a software update on the radio so Android auto would work and they had no idea about any update, I had to show them a screen shot from this forum to prove there was an update available.

Back