Lockdown 3.0 - Worst YET!

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Tell you what lads, i cant wait for us to be out the end of this, its a real struggle at the moment!!!

My father lost his dad last night, and hes N. Irish so we cant even go over for the funeral. BULLSHIT.

Bring on many weekends camping this summer, and hopefully a nice forum meet, where ever it may be!!!

Oh and us moving into a first house.

Latest thing to our van is a Stitches and Steel awning sail, to go with our Reimo rail we had fitted by slide pods back in September on our Cornish adventure.

HAVE A VENT, HAVE A RANT, GET ANYTHING OFF YOUR CHEST - GOOOOO

Tell you what lads, i cant wait for us to be out the end of this, its a real struggle at the moment!!!

My father lost his dad last night, and hes N. Irish so we cant even go over for the funeral. BULLSHIT.

Bring on many weekends camping this summer, and hopefully a nice forum meet, where ever it may be!!!

Latest thing to our van is a Stitches and Steel awning sail, to go with our Reimo rail we had fitted by slide pods back in September on our Cornish adventure.

Sorry for your loss. As an Irishman, I know how important funerals are. The restrictions are difficult.

Ranting and raving is perfectly ok!

Sorry for your loss. As an Irishman, I know how important funerals are. The restrictions are difficult.

Ranting and raving is perfectly ok!
Passed away last night, funeral is Tuesday. its a shame its not a crem, that way we could have ashes at the house, and wait for when we can all gather for a wake. But hey ho!!!

Yes, getting lockdown fever due to the weather. However, just booked a long weekend in the van in May, and a week near Cromer in July.

Must think positive !

Pete

Yes, getting lockdown fever due to the weather. However, just booked a long weekend in the van in May, and a week near Cromer in July.

Must think positive !

Pete

Definitely Pete,

this weather and the long nights has paid its toll on the misses mental health.

Were still living at home (aged 27) HOWEVER were only weeks away too moving into our new and first home!!! one exciting thing to look forward too!

Sorry for your loss @CALLAKN :( Stay positive bud.... the dark nights are getting shorter and better times will come.... soon the fields will be golden again! You’ll be plenty busy enough when you get your new house:thumbsup:

Gutted for you mate, sorry for your loss. A lot just downright sucks at the moment, but try and stay positive Fella. You and your lady will soon have your first place together, that on its own is plenty to be positive about, but grieve, shout, scream, do whatever you both need to. Just remember though that we are all going to come out of this and life will be good again.

There will be more camping, there will be more forum meets, life will be good again, oh, and obviously there will be a housewarming at some point?;)

Its really doing my head in also.
I work in construction and have 6 guys who work for me, 3 are my sons (same house) and also my nephew (same house).
The week before last lots of guys tested positive for covid, on site. The site was closed for 10 days, and we all got tested. My nephew, and no3 son were also positive, but had no symptoms whatsoever.
Both had been traveling with me to the job everyday, and working with me, and living with me, but I tested negative, as did my wife and son no.3 girlfriend who also lives with us. Sons 1 & 2 also negative.
None of it seems to make any sense at all. We are allowed to go to work with 100`s of other trades, with little or no distancing as its pretty much impossible on a construction site, yet as soon as were home, we have to close the door, and not think about going out.
Then, the other day I watched an MP state in an interview that some of these measures will be with us forever. Forever !
As for lockdown, traveling in to London from North Herts everyday, you would not know there even is a lockdown.
I don`t even know where everyone can be going with everything closed.

Sorry to hear of your loss, loosing someone close or not is never easy
when the better times arrive hopefully people will be more careful with money, not tight just respect it more
In turn leading to more family time and enjoyment including less need got greed and work

All the best going forward with your new house

Can't imagine how hard it must be to not be able to attend a close relatives funeral, it does just suck.

Feel very fortunate to live where I do and been able to carry on working right through. I would be seriously struggling if I was stuck in a city and not working. Roll on the good times again.

Sorry to hear of your loss @CALLAKN , especially with the funeral being off limits. I lost my brother to this bloody virus last April and only three people were allowed to attend his funeral. Lockdown's certainly harder this time - the Dunkirk spirit seems to have worn off, and it's driving my Mrs mad. It's impossible to plan with any certainty and without having anything to look forward to, every day feels like the last. Hopefully the new home will give you a lift. Good luck! Can't wait to get out to different surroundings, a nice walk in the countryside ending with a pint in a pub! Remember those? Pints, pubs? I'm starting to dribble here.....:rolleyes:

We all share in each other’s sorrow..we look for comfort and understanding at this sad time...it’s good to talk and listen ...We as said look forward to better times to share a beer with good company...You can’t always be there in body but you can in spirit
So raise a glass to all....See you all soon :thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss @CALLAKN, and others, this truly sucks. I have been exceeding lucky through this, though i am well aware it is not over yet. It still boils my piss how some are carrying on as though it’s not real, or just going against the advice, or have the stupid notion it is some kind of conspiracy for control. It’s so selfish.

Best response I’ve read for the selfish knobs so far -
There are two pandemics across the world today. COVID 19 and stupid. Unfortunately they are only producing a vaccine for one of them.

Keep safe and sane!

Back