Life Shine Autoglym ?

Semisonic

VIP Member
T6 Pro
hi guys

Got a new t6 in black coming in a couple of weeks was thinking of getting a life shine on it ? Had it on the Range Rover seemed quite good
What would you guys go for ?

Have a look on detailing world for opinions and cost...and perhaps better options

Anybody got anymore comments/suggestions on this product…or others. I have a diamondbrite 2 coat system on my caravan and was wondering if I should get that done on my new van or the autoglym lifeshine done at the dealers? obviously there’s lots of products out there including ceramic coatings,I wouldn’t want to pay stupid money ( £1000 upwards )on a product that needs doing on a regular basis’

It's all about the prep rather than the product.

Fine scratches and swirls can be inflicted during the first wash at the dealers, so they will always show through whatever product is applied. The "stupid money" is mostly the time taken for a detailer to ensure the paintwork is completely defect free before applying the chosen product.

If you don't mind a bit of detailing DIY, you could do a lot worse than ask the dealer not to even wash it, then give is a 'safe' wash and decontamination at home, followed by a good wax and sealant.

It's all about the prep rather than the product.

Fine scratches and swirls can be inflicted during the first wash at the dealers, so they will always show through whatever product is applied. The "stupid money" is mostly the time taken for a detailer to ensure the paintwork is completely defect free before applying the chosen product.

If you don't mind a bit of detailing DIY, you could do a lot worse than ask the dealer not to even wash it, then give is a 'safe' wash and decontamination at home, followed by a good wax and sealant.
I’d rather get the valet company to do it all and tell the dealer to not touch the van

I'd get a detailer to do a correction and then get some ceramic protection on it! It will last longer and look better (just my opinion).

The dealers core focus is selling cars/vans.
A detailers core focus is correction and protection... I know which one i would prefer to have look at my paintwork.

Thank You

I'd get a detailer to do a correction and then get some ceramic protection on it! It will last longer and look better (just my opinion).

The dealers core focus is selling cars/vans.
A detailers core focus is correction and protection... I know which one i would prefer to have look at my paintwork.

Thank You
Thank you, I appreciate your comments

When it’s been properly detailed and coated. Always wash with 2 bucket (grit guards in buckets) method. Not a difficult way of washing once you get used to it. And it definately reduces surface light damage whilst washing.

I didn’t even let the dealer wash my van prior to collection. Still tell them not to wash it when it goes in for service or work done. I had it Seramik coated by a local company. Cost £800 & took 3 days. Still looks like new after 5 years hard touring. Water still beads off. I wash it 3-4times a year. It’s never been waxed or polished.

I didn’t even let the dealer wash my van prior to collection. Still tell them not to wash it when it goes in for service or work done. I had it Seramik coated by a local company. Cost £800 & took 3 days. Still looks like new after 5 years hard touring. Water still beads off. I wash it 3-4times a year. It’s never been waxed or polished.
With inflation, that'll now cost £1200 (...and it'll now take 5 days ;))

I’ve spoke to a valet company in Derbyshire who will come out rectify any defects on the new paint work and apply a two coats system or a ceramic system ,at a reasonable cost

With inflation, that'll now cost £1200 (...and it'll now take 5 days ;))
Probably :rolleyes: it was one of those “gulp” moments. It’d just cost me a kidney for the van & conversion & did I want to throw another £800 at it? In the long run, I’m glad I did, and would definitely do it again on the next van.

I’ve spoke to a valet company in Derbyshire who will come out rectify any defects on the new paint work and apply a two coats system or a ceramic system ,at a reasonable cost
Do they do it outside or in a workshop?

Probably :rolleyes: it was one of those “gulp” moments. It’d just cost me a kidney for the van & conversion & did I want to throw another £800 at it? In the long run, I’m glad I did, and would definitely do it again on the next van.
I'll be in the same position soon and will need to persuade the Chief Advisor of the merits of ceramic coating. I may use you post as evidence for the defence. :)

They said they would come to me..depending on the weather, I believe they do have a workshop and could certainty ask the question for you

They said they would come to me..depending on the weather, I believe they do have a workshop and could certainty ask the question for you
I wasn’t asking for me, I was asking for you;) it’s a process best done inside with proper lighting. I’d want it done in a workshop.

I wasn’t asking for me, I was asking for you;) it’s a process best done inside with proper lighting. I’d want it done in a workshop.

:)Thanks .He did say after washing he’d run some light over it ( can’t remember which one and don’t want to say one and sound silly )to check for paint imperfections

Back