Leisure battery install, using CTEK D250SA - can someone help me with a quick list of items I need?

FerrisBFW

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning, I was thinking of a Christmas project to fit a leisure battery and a CTEK D250SA I have from a previous vehicle.

Can someone help with a kit list of what I need to order?

I have an external solar panel I am happy with at the moment so need to have some terminals availible, but this can wait until spring. I was thinking a couple 12v supplies for the cool box (etc) and a bunch of usb's/c's. Its a 2014 Caravelle.

I am fine doing it but wondered if someone else has done similar so knows exactly what I need. At some point I will upgrade the battery to Lithium and the CTEK SA as it cant do Lithium.

Much appreciated

You might find this thread from @r00ps who did something similar helpful:

Anyone know how much cable and size for running live feed from battery to under passenger seat?

I bought 10 metres of 1.5mm 3 core cable which was enough to do from under the passenger seat to the n/s rear 1/4 near the door and over the roof to the same position o/s. You'll need about 5m red 16mm for the positive from the battery. This should leave enough to make the tail to the battery from charger. About 2m 16mm Black to run the negatives from body earths. Plenty of 16mm/8mm ring crimps. Some 16mm/10mm are handy too as I took mine to body earth off the seat bolts which are 10mm. You'll need a crimping tool to handle these. I got one off Amamzon for about £25.

You can look at
Simplysplitcharge or Rayneautomotive if you want some inspiration (or kits of parts)

Simon

Back