Led Washers & Bulkhead

Has anyone disabled the led headlight washers?

what an absolute waste of time

Also any Motexion bulkheads for sale

Cheers

Ben

Has anyone disabled the led headlight washers?

what an absolute waste of time

Also any Motexion bulkheads for sale

Cheers

Ben

Agreed they are not my favourite feature. You spend hours cleaning your van, then the first time you pull the stalk to clean your screen on the road, and gallons of soapy water covers your whole front end, and streams down the sides.
I'm not aware of a method of disabling, but I do know if you turn off your headlights as you pull the washers, the headlight jet feature doesn't activate, so that's my solution.

Bare in mind they are a legal requirement for our type of headlights.

Agreed they are not my favourite feature. You spend hours cleaning your van, then the first time you pull the stalk to clean your screen on the road, and gallons of soapy water covers your whole front end, and streams down the sides.
I'm not aware of a method of disabling, but I do know if you turn off your headlights as you pull the washers, the headlight jet feature doesn't activate, so that's my solution.

Bare in mind they are a legal requirement for our type of headlights.

I guess that's an option, whatever mong thought they'd be a good idea as a legal requirement needs their head checking! Im getting through a whole tank a week in screen wash currently

I guess that's an option, whatever mong thought they'd be a good idea as a legal requirement needs their head checking! Im getting through a whole tank a week in screen wash currently

I think they are a legal requirement because the beam pattern can be easily distorted with dirty headlights on LED's and Xenon's. Just the same way they look weird when they are wet in the morning and you see the water droplets streaming off the lights on the beam throw as you drive.

I wish i'd of upgraded to H4s :whistle:

100% not a legal requirement for LED. They are for Xenon only.

You'll notice every BMW, Audi etc with LED's now don't have washers.

100% not a legal requirement for LED. They are for Xenon only.

You'll notice every BMW, Audi etc with LED's now don't have washers.

Really? I tried to spec my T6 without washers but VW told me it was a legal requirement and wouldn't do a none washer bumper.

When I read the title I thought you meant the led washers every Saxo owner had in their vtr’s back in the day :slow rofl:

I think the MOT test is, if they are fitted they have to be working ?

Really? I tried to spec my T6 without washers but VW told me it was a legal requirement and wouldn't do a none washer bumper.

It’s possible VW can only configure a LEDs with washers but it’s not legal. I work for rolls Royce and we removed them as a cost down measure when we retooled the bumper for the face lift.

If fitted, they must work for the mot

Back