Leather pattern designs opinions and ideas

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
IMG_1904.PNG IMG_1924.PNG IMG_1932.PNG IMG_1926.PNG im looking to retrim in leather x2 captain seats and a caravelle rear triple seat in my kombi .
What are your thoughts on this pattern ? I've looked at loads even new 2017 oem caravelle leather
But keep going back to this pattern maybe replace the red stitching with blackberry or lime green to break the black up, no emblem on the seats of course these are stock photos,
I would like your opinions please is it to busy of a pattern?
I would like to know if it's a likely :thumbsup: or no likely:thumbsdown:

CheeRS
Andy

Last edited:
IMG_1934.PNG IMG_1935.PNG Or go oem caravelle but works out about £2k extra and would have to source from differnt dealers

View attachment 6121 View attachment 6117 View attachment 6118 View attachment 6120 im looking to retrim in leather x2 captain seats and a caravelle rear triple seat in my kombi .
What are your thoughts on this pattern ? I've looked at loads even new 2017 oem caravelle leather
But keep going back to this pattern maybe replace the red stitching with blackberry or lime green to break the black up, no emblem on the seats of course these are stock photos,
I would like your opinions please is it to busy of a pattern?
I would like to know if it's a likely :thumbsup: or no likely:thumbsdown:

CheeRS
Andy
Don't know why, but it makes me think of transformers.

This is how mine are being retrimmed. Except on mine the red leather section will be black alcantara and the middle section will be black alcantara instead of leather. I should have then in a week or so along with headlining and pillar trimmed up.
Very nice look forward to seeing the pics

T5-Red-Black-Retrim-9-e1483803542235.jpg

T5-Red-Black-Retrim-10-e1483803562688.jpg

T5-Red-Black-Retrim-11-e1483803586262.jpg

I think there is a balance between under-doing it and over-doing it. I went for 'OEMish' under-stated and now wish I'd been a bit bolder.

I personally think that the OEM look would be a good start, maybe with a contrasted stitching and different colours panels like the 'Velle Exec (with Alcantara)
but you could use any colour leather, or the carbon look? Can you find someone that can replicate the OEM, and bring the cost down?

IMG_0275.JPG

Back