Sold Kyham Motordome Sleeper Driveaway Awning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walski

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Folks
Going to offer this to you guys first before I put it on the Bay or similar.
If it goes to a forum member I'll take £350 for it, no haggling (prefer collection, or buyer to sort and pay for P&P)

It's the Kyham Motordome Sleeper which is a great driveaway awning. I bought it off eBay about a month ago and the lady I bought it from said it had been used just twice (which I can believe given condition). I paid £350 for it so just looking to get my money back. Most on eBay (that aren't ripped) go for more than this. It's easy to put up, I'm only selling it as to be honest it's just too big for what we need but I only found that out once we'd used it for a weekend and seen a few others that are smaller and better suit our weekend, one night, needs.

I've only used it the one weekend.

Anyway, it's in great condition. No rips or tears anywhere. Comes with everything including repair kit (unopened), two spare pole knuckle joints (again unopened), canopy poles for extended porch, instruction booklet, inner tent and the optional extra clip in ground sheet. You will just need attachment to van (figure of 8 plus kador)

Photo is when we used it recently for a weekend away

Let me know if interested...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

@Walski do you have a link to this on the manufacturers website or anywhere else interested to see what the layout/inside looks like

@Pauly, can't find a good link but this is an image of the inside with dimensions

image.gif
I think the inner tent has a zip out section down the middle so can be used as either two separate areas or one large inner bedroom.

Its not the price its making sure its right for the family, would be good to see some pictures of entrance/inside cant find one that looks the same on their site ?

Is there a specific attachment method to the vehicle or are they universal

Let me see if I can find some photos online..... I only got the two when we camped. Have you got an awning rail? If not then my understanding is it can be used with clamps or by throwing ropes over the van and tying them down. Clamping method seems to be popular.

Thanks no i dont have a rail but considering getting one fitted but want to try a bit of camping first before committing to getting one.
Saw the item you linked to, does yours have the extra pull out bit like that one with the 2 sleeping areas extending out ??
Will show the boss the pictures and see what she thinks, we have never camped before with the van, having three kids we are still trying to figure out if we should go with pop top and/or rear seat bed and/or drive away setup
Drive away seems the least commited way to try it out, we have also been considering trying out a rental cali ??

Yes, mines exactly same as that one with the extended bedroom area and inner tent. To be honest, the driveaway is handy for storing stuff whilst your on site.....eg Have you got car seats for the kids??? They've gotta go somewhere!!!

I'll leave it with you mate, as we've done, these things sell so well, you could buy and try it and if it's not for you then stick it back up for sale and get your money back!!!

Spoke to the boss and she said no :( wants to go down a different route with the camping setup and insists i can only buy a tent with attached integral groundsheet

Cool, no worries. Will stick it back on eBay tomorrow if no more interest here.

Now sold. Great little story. Guy was camping in the Cotswolds near where I live. Rocked up with his van and awning (same as I was selling) with his wife and 3&1 year old baby. Tried to put his awning up but having lent it to a mate his mate had done something weird to it and he couldn't put it up and ended up busting it trying. All he had was the inner sleeping pod tied to the side of his work van which when I spoke to him his missus was trying to feed the baby in!!!
I ended getting in the C63 and have a late night blast up the Fosse Way to deliver my awning.
Quick run to cash point, a bit of help putting awning up in the dark and he was a happy bunny.
Everyone's a winner ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back