Kombi back bench seat question

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by KombiKommando, 16 Feb 2017.

1. KombiKommando

KombiKommando Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    will i be able to fold the triple bench seat in my kombi when it arrives?

2. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

@KombiKommando , if it's a 2+1 then yes, triple in 1 not sure, give me 2 min

3. surf-report

surf-report Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    My triple folds and then will also tip forward too.

4. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Yes, yank the fabric tab at the front and the back rest folds forward 90 degrees to sit flat of the base cushions then pull the two fabric tabs to the rear of the seat and the whole thing tips forwards behind the front seats

T6Chris likes this.
  5. KombiKommando

KombiKommando Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    thank you peeps! crikey, this forum is über helpful! only been on it a few days and everyone replies very quickly and always helpful.

$immo, Dannyb6467, T6Chris and 5 others like this.
  6. Marc Eddon

Marc Eddon Member

I wil second that :thumbsup:

T6Chris likes this.
  7. wedsi84

wedsi84 Member VIP Member

Map
    Hi All....a random one but, is there a single seat option out there that would pick up on the same fixings as the triple?
    Basically only having one single rear seat (in the middle)....I guess the single seat from the 2+1 set up wouldn't be the same fixings?

8. Deaky

Deaky On yer bike VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    The single seat is offset so it wouldn’t be exactly in the middle, plus you’d have no seat belt

wedsi84 likes this.
  9. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    There is an option of 3x1 rear seats, whereby each of the rear seats is a single unit. So long as you get the middle one of these, then it will have an integral seatbelt and the QR feet will drop straight into the floor mountings for a triple bench. As @Deaky says if you go for the outside single (be that from a 3x1 or 2+1 set up) the feet are not in the centre of the chair so it won’t line up right in the middle position, and they don’t have the integral seat belt.

wedsi84 likes this.
  10. wedsi84

wedsi84 Member VIP Member

Map
    Thanks @Deaky @DaveyB...positive result then, the search for a single center begins!

11. steve

steve Member T6 Pro

Map
    Hi
    Does the 2+1 do this as well? They fold flat and then tip forward, but are not held secure in that position there like on my old Vito, unless i am missing something obvious. I was hoping i could fold them forward behind the front seats so i can put my a couple of bikes behind as the rear quarter is caged.

12. steve

steve Member T6 Pro

Map
    Does anyone know about holding the rear seats in place for travelling when they are folded and tipped behind the front seats?