Kombi back bench seat question

Yes, yank the fabric tab at the front and the back rest folds forward 90 degrees to sit flat of the base cushions then pull the two fabric tabs to the rear of the seat and the whole thing tips forwards behind the front seats

Hi All....a random one but, is there a single seat option out there that would pick up on the same fixings as the triple?
Basically only having one single rear seat (in the middle)....I guess the single seat from the 2+1 set up wouldn't be the same fixings?

Hi All....a random one but, is there a single seat option out there that would pick up on the same fixings as the triple?
Basically only having one single rear seat (in the middle)....I guess the single seat from the 2+1 set up wouldn't be the same fixings?
The single seat is offset so it wouldn’t be exactly in the middle, plus you’d have no seat belt

There is an option of 3x1 rear seats, whereby each of the rear seats is a single unit. So long as you get the middle one of these, then it will have an integral seatbelt and the QR feet will drop straight into the floor mountings for a triple bench. As @Deaky says if you go for the outside single (be that from a 3x1 or 2+1 set up) the feet are not in the centre of the chair so it won’t line up right in the middle position, and they don’t have the integral seat belt.

Yes, yank the fabric tab at the front and the back rest folds forward 90 degrees to sit flat of the base cushions then pull the two fabric tabs to the rear of the seat and the whole thing tips forwards behind the front seats
Hi
Does the 2+1 do this as well? They fold flat and then tip forward, but are not held secure in that position there like on my old Vito, unless i am missing something obvious. I was hoping i could fold them forward behind the front seats so i can put my a couple of bikes behind as the rear quarter is caged.

Hi
Does the 2+1 do this as well? They fold flat and then tip forward, but are not held secure in that position there like on my old Vito, unless i am missing something obvious. I was hoping i could fold them forward behind the front seats so i can put my a couple of bikes behind as the rear quarter is caged.

Does anyone know about holding the rear seats in place for travelling when they are folded and tipped behind the front seats?

Does it stay put ok or require securing ?

Sorry my question was not super clear. Once folded down can you then tip and secure the folded seat forward to increase length of load space?

Sorry my question was not super clear. Once folded down can you then tip and secure the folded seat forward to increase length of load space?
Yes you can, they 'tip' onto the front legs

You can fold the back rest forward to make a flat platform and front/rear feet stay put, 059-vw-t6-tsi.jpg

Then you can also fold/tip the seat forward so that the rear feet/mounts come out but the front feet/mounts stay in place - abit like in a hatchback car.
Finally you can release the front feet/mounts to enable to whole seat to be lifted out061-vw-t6-tsi.jpg

Last edited:
You would have to devise a way to hold the seat in the tipped forward position securely as i don't think its designed to be driven that way

Back