Just'er another van

PJfamilyguy

T6 Pro
Hi all,

In October I bought a VW T6 panel van from VW didcot/oxford. Its a Highline SWB 102BHP manual and plylined to be precise. This will be our second "car" and campervan

I would love to have the time in the evenings to convert it a camper myself but with a busy family life its not possible so I've dropped it off at a local conversion company to have the following fitted.

pop top roof - SCA (if that means anything to anyone)
three windows to be fitted, two side and the tailgate
sink, hob and fridge/freezer
some units
leisure battery
lights
a rock an roll bed that converts into a bed for the children/adults depending.
swivel front double seat.
towbar

You can go to town (and people do) with customisations but this will be pretty tame.

I'm/we are very excited, stupidly so, as I've dropped it off weeks early for the convert to start/fit in when he can. hopefully done early November.

Amazon Drive

update from the converters, they've made an start early..

Amazon Drive

Amazon Drive

Amazon Drive

grey units but with a dash of colour

Amazon Drive

Amazon Drive

no eta yet, but I'm itching to buy lots of things for it and get out and enjoy it !

other things on my potential shopping list when i do get the van are....

Electric hook up cable
Wheel levellers
Bubble level
Double front seat under seat shelf
possibly - Folding front seat plus rake adjustment
gas bottle
Cadac
Headrest iPad mount
Door seal
headlight/side light bulb upgrade - halfords
vw bike rack - 7E0071104A
maybe new gas struts but unlikely to open tailgate with bikes attached
thermal windscreen cover - T6 Thermal Windscreen Cover

i would like
LED rear lights
front parking sensors - i think
davenport wheels

but the list could go on and my pockets are empty post conversion !!

Last edited:
Looks like your going to have a great looking camper there, keep the photos coming, who's doing your conversion?

It will be great!!

The uprated gas struts are to cope with the added weight of the rack not the bikes, i.e. you are not meant to open the tailgate when the rack is loaded - without them, even with nothing on the rack, you may find the tailgate not being able to hold itself open.

Thanks all will share as and when I get pictures...

Looks like your going to have a great looking camper there, keep the photos coming, who's doing your conversion?
oxcampers .co.uk are doing it, partly because they are very close to me, but also because I liked how mark spoke about all aspects of the van#s they hire out and why they do this or that and the pride he has in his work. I'm sure the same could be said for alot of conversion companies, but the fact they hire out their own ones demonstrated to me that they know what works and is long lasting.

It will be great!!

The uprated gas struts are to cope with the added weight of the rack not the bikes, i.e. you are not meant to open the tailgate when the rack is loaded - without them, even with nothing on the rack, you may find the tailgate not being able to hold itself open.

Thanks good point I had assumed it was for the bikes but ofcourse the rack has a weight to it ! wow so that add's to the cost of the bike rack. But prefer this to a towbar mounted one.

Back