Just got a T6 4Motion DSG and loving it

Zoookii

Hey Guy's,

Just joined the forum and keen to learn loads and start moding the new van.

Must have been one of the 1st T6's as it was registered in Nov 2016

Spec as follows:

T6 Kombi Highline
Indium Grey
4Motion inc Diff Lock
DSG
180Bhp with Revo remap
LED headlights
Twin Electric slides
Tailgate
Parking F & R inc Camera
Electric Sunroof
Heated seats
Power fold mirrors
Carpet front

Carried out my 1st mod today... Changed all interior lamps to LED.

Looking to soundproof the load area and fit a Sortimo Ply floor.

Will post some pics up when its washed.

Lovely, a really nicely speced van.
Is it for leisure use?

Oh and welcome:thumbsup:

Hi Chris,

I bought it for business and pleasure.

Looking to drive down to the Alps for some skiing plus day to day traveling to jobs.
It will be my main method of transport so keen to upgrade bits as I go.

What would you recommend upgrade wise?

I have already fitted a set of VW seat covers and Mats.

Monster Mats Cab T5 T6 Mud 7H2 061 551 A 041
monstermays2.jpg
Have you got some of these? original VW, brilliant when it's really muddy to protect the carpets
Have you got a rear bumper protector?

I think one of the big upgrades on here is the suspension, Bilstein B14. Many people then lower the van because they are adjustable; but you can leave them on standard height. Or change your mind frequently.:thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

We've got an independent overnight heater, which we use more often than I thought (we use ours as a day van, not as a camper)

Monster Mats Cab T5 T6 Mud 7H2 061 551 A 041
View attachment 16524
Have you got some of these? original VW, brilliant when it's really muddy to protect the carpets
Have you got a rear bumper protector?

I think one of the big upgrades on here is the suspension, Bilstein B14. Many people then lower the van because they are adjustable; but you can leave them on standard height. Or change your mind frequently.:thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

We've got an independent overnight heater, which we use more often than I thought (we use ours as a day van, not as a camper)

Yeah that's the mats, I got them from TPS in Portsmouth along with a Sportline spoiler I am waiting to get painted.

No bumper protector yet... Do you have one you recommend?

Do the Bilstein's make the van a nicer ride?

Shame you haven’t got comfort dash mate, think you need to upgrade:laugh:

Do TPS sell the sportline splitter? As looking to do that too. I’ve had my barn door spoiler sat in the box for 6 months! Just no time to fit.

I have a clear bumper protector that was put on by the dealer for £40 that’s holding up ok after a year.

Shame you haven’t got comfort dash mate, think you need to upgrade:laugh:

Do TPS sell the sportline splitter? As looking to do that too. I’ve had my barn door spoiler sat in the box for 6 months! Just no time to fit.

I have a clear bumper protector that was put on by the dealer for £40 that’s holding up ok after a year.

Evening mate,

If I change to single passenger seat...comfort dash is on the cards :p

TPS are Genuine VW Parts dealers so can get anything. I have a good contact their if you want bits.

Yeah that's the mats, I got them from TPS in Portsmouth along with a Sportline spoiler I am waiting to get painted.

No bumper protector yet... Do you have one you recommend?

Do the Bilstein's make the van a nicer ride?
There is a thread on this forum regarding bumper protectors, I've got the black VW one, which contrasts well with my body colour. The only down side is that it's suffered a bit of uv-ray degradation

I don't have the bilsteins, but I don't think I've heard anything but praise from those that do. Everything about them is better, comfort, handling, roll control etc etc. I'm 20mm lower than standard, but my tyres are 10mm bigger so net effect I'm just 10mm lower; for me thats just fine as I don't want to compromise the utility of 4-motion by compromising group clearance.

If you are really going for AIR-RIDE is the dream solution. About £5k fitted........

Van developments:

VCDS Lead arrived so managed to code the mirrors to fold on the fob, plus added the large MPH on the MFD.
Interior lights all changed for LED

Paid a trip to Calicampers and picked up a set of Caravelle twin slider door cards. @Deaky has kindly found me some of the lock trims and top trims.
Just need to get the time to fit them now.

Silent coat is on order so will start the sound deadening ready for the Sortimo floor to go in.

We fitted my Sportline spoiler today, Sortimo floor is arriving tomorrow hopefully.

Pictures will follow.

Back