JC Vans or Ovano

Petezum

Vehicle Wrapper
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’ve been looking at the Ovano Switch for my Kombi. Just seen another company that do something similar JC Vans. Has anyone purchased one of these and what they think of it as cheaper than Ovano and also a bit closer. I’ve seen the Ovano in person and build is amazing but is that justified being around £500 dearer?

I’ve been looking at the Ovano Switch for my Kombi. Just seen another company that do something similar JC Vans. Has anyone purchased one of these and what they think of it as cheaper than Ovano and also a bit closer. I’ve seen the Ovano in person and build is amazing but is that justified being around £500 dearer?
What are the main differences between the two bar the price?

To be honest not that much, I have been using the JC one all week at work and I am very happy, the finish is as good as the Ovano, the only difference I can say is that the screws in the JC one are not stainless, but that’s not a £500 difference in my eyes. It’s horses for courses of course, I saw the Ovano first, then found the JC one and saw that and chose that one.

Was just about to purchase the OVANO then noticed this, looks a no brainer for £500 less. Can i ask how sturdy the bulkhead is when up? Does it rattle at all?

I ran all the way home with the bulkhead up maybe 200miles or so, I did not notice any rattling or squeaks whatsoever and the van was completely empty. I run it with the fold up now it’s all full of tools and storage bins, I would think I have maybe 150 to 200kgs on the tray and a similar amount on top in 4 big storage containers and 3 medium ones placed on the back. Genuinely no noises or rattles at all.

There can only be only one OVANO. The rest are just immitation.

There are differences, at a glance I can see the JCs been made without the same attention to detail. Can't fully see how the feet mechanism works on the JC, but the way the ovano feet also become a structural part of the shelf when folded is class.

It's a blooming masterpiece.

PXL_20210711_093031711.MP.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 162676

Just to compliment the bed, have just added the OVANO seat base covers. Installed a heater vent too.View attachment 162677
Can I ask what that cup holder is? Do you have a link at all? Kids are always complaining there is nowhere for water bottles.

Also have to say I love our Ovano. We’re got the narrow and it’s performing very well. Josh was super helpful and took his time answering questing and taking us through the best way to use it and future maintenance etc.

Hey all, Sorry its taken me a while to chime in but I've only just come across this.

Obviously I'm biased and my standpoint would include the fact that JCVans haven't got any development costs to recoup. I won't go into to much depth about why that is as I'm sure you can come to your own conclusion.

That aside, obviously the price difference has been reduced massively now because it wasn't sustainable, so we're looking at a £200 difference. For that, I would argue that we offer the following -

1) Full stainless steel double knuckle flush flap hinges on top (not zinc plated that are prone to snapping and/or rattling). This means you can easily slide materials etc over the top without hitting knuckles, and it allows all the panels to fold back on themselves making installation and removal a lot easier.
2) Our runner latches function via lifting as opposed to lowering. This makes a HUGE difference when pulling a heavily laden drawer out (even more so when your pulling up hill)
3) We have gone overboard on bump stops and extra supports to prevent ANY rattles etc
4) A bulkhead load rated to 300Kg that works with or without seats in
5) Our drawer on ALL models is longer in length (by enough that makes a massive difference if your carrying euro crates, systainers or Makpaks) If you're looking at LWB then our drawer is nearly 600mm longer. Also 20mm higher which can also make a massive difference.
6) Threaded inserts for all fixings, which make massive difference in strength.

I also believe we offer extra peace of mind due to the fact that we've been producing them for over 2 years and have been learning and improving them over that period. We have nearly 1000 units in the field with fantastic feedback pretty much anywhere you look. We take massive pride in offering the best customer service in not only the initial install, but if there are ever any problems in the field etc.

Maybe less important, but worth mentioning that we also carbon offset our workforce (and then some), and we also try and support a few charities etc every year as we like to try and do our bit of good in the world.

I hope that helps define the differences. Which ever way you go, happy road trippin'.

Maybe less important, but worth mentioning that we also carbon offset our workforce (and then some), and we also try and support a few charities etc every year as we like to try and do our bit of good in the world.
Don't downplay/ down sell yourself that last point, its great to see smaller self built businesses trying to take positive steps in the right direction for the benefit of others rather than driven by commercial greed, people (hopefully) appreciate these sort of values.
(not saying in any way that the other businesses mentioned on here are in any way, its more of a generalised statement)

That aside, obviously the price difference has been reduced massively now because it wasn't sustainable, so we're looking at a £200 difference.
@Josh (OVANO) isn't the price difference £400? Looking at one of these myself for my van and I'm sure it was £1390 vs £1790, maybe one of the prices has gone up / down since i looked...
Good to know the differences though as it isn't easy to see them in person :)

Hey all, Sorry its taken me a while to chime in but I've only just come across this.

Obviously I'm biased and my standpoint would include the fact that JCVans haven't got any development costs to recoup. I won't go into to much depth about why that is as I'm sure you can come to your own conclusion.

That aside, obviously the price difference has been reduced massively now because it wasn't sustainable, so we're looking at a £200 difference. For that, I would argue that we offer the following -

1) Full stainless steel double knuckle flush flap hinges on top (not zinc plated that are prone to snapping and/or rattling). This means you can easily slide materials etc over the top without hitting knuckles, and it allows all the panels to fold back on themselves making installation and removal a lot easier.
2) Our runner latches function via lifting as opposed to lowering. This makes a HUGE difference when pulling a heavily laden drawer out (even more so when your pulling up hill)
3) We have gone overboard on bump stops and extra supports to prevent ANY rattles etc
4) A bulkhead load rated to 300Kg that works with or without seats in
5) Our drawer on ALL models is longer in length (by enough that makes a massive difference if your carrying euro crates, systainers or Makpaks) If you're looking at LWB then our drawer is nearly 600mm longer. Also 20mm higher which can also make a massive difference.
6) Threaded inserts for all fixings, which make massive difference in strength.

I also believe we offer extra peace of mind due to the fact that we've been producing them for over 2 years and have been learning and improving them over that period. We have nearly 1000 units in the field with fantastic feedback pretty much anywhere you look. We take massive pride in offering the best customer service in not only the initial install, but if there are ever any problems in the field etc.

I hope that helps define the differences. Which ever way you go, happy road trippin'.
I can concur, bang the n there is no other Ovano!

Can I ask what that cup holder is? Do you have a link at all? Kids are always complaining there is nowhere for water bottles.

Also have to say I love our Ovano. We’re got the narrow and it’s performing very well. Josh was super helpful and took his time answering questing and taking us through the best way to use it and future maintenance etc.
I think that came with my car seat.

But this would do the same job:

Back