Italian Lakes

Rob 79

T6 Pro
Hey Guys,

Anyone recommend any great campsites around the Italian Lakes which include great views.......and great pizza.......oh and great wine!!

Cheers,

Rob

Awesome, thanks Tourershine. I’ll make a note of that! You gotta have pizza

Us Italians do pizza totally different to the UK. Thin, tasty, delicate pieces of art.
Not a 4" thick, oil dripping 21" Bentley wheel, crammed with cheese and what ever else falls on top of it.

Us Italians do pizza totally different to the UK. Thin, tasty, delicate pieces of art.
Not a 4" thick, oil dripping 21" Bentley wheel, crammed with cheese and what ever else falls on top of it.
Oh shame.....so no stuffed crust then?!?!
I get it, my mother in law is half Italian and lives in Tuscany and keeps moaning about our pizzas in the UK. I keep telling her to try this.....the Pizza Hut burger crust56FB5790-F411-4D2D-86E4-AE02BEA7B9C1.jpeg !!!!!

We stayed at the Bella Italia at the bottom of lake Garda. Great site right on the lake, perfect for kids and adults, lots of fantastic places to eat and drink in walking distance. It’s a big site but fantastic pools and facilities!

We stayed at the Bella Italia at the bottom of lake Garda. Great site right on the lake, perfect for kids and adults, lots of fantastic places to eat and drink in walking distance. It’s a big site but fantastic pools and facilities!
That sounds good Davejo. We have a 7 and 4 yr old so fantastic pools and facilities sounds good. :thumbsup:

2nd recommendation for lake Garda, the Italian side of my family are from there, stunning place but I'm yet to visit.

When the water park/pool got busy we found another smaller pool on the site close to our van, ideal for kids and families. It was so quiet it was like a private pool! The pitches close to the lakeside are fantastic with amazing views.

It’s also a good place to visit Venice, only 50 mins by train!

I need to go back!!!!

When the water park/pool got busy we found another smaller pool on the site close to our van, ideal for kids and families. It was so quiet it was like a private pool! The pitches close to the lakeside are fantastic with amazing views.

It’s also a good place to visit Venice, only 50 mins by train!

I need to go back!!!!
Great tips Davejo, especially Venice also. Bring on the Summer!

We have stayed at Bella Italia a few times over the years and liked it as well. Last year we stayed at Altomincio family park which has a fantastic soft pool area and other pools very good restaurant an take-away, great for kids with activities arranged and very clean and friendly.

Oh and another thing we liked Rob was there are no cars allowed on the site around the pool complexes and even the mobile homes. You park in large car parks around the site adjacent to the accomodation , ours was about one minute walk, and the bays were big enough for the van not to get damaged :) And the ice cream made on site was superb !

Oh and another thing we liked Rob was there are no cars allowed on the site around the pool complexes and even the mobile homes. You park in large car parks around the site adjacent to the accomodation , ours was about one minute walk, and the bays were big enough for the van not to get damaged :) And the ice cream made on site was superb !
:thumbsup:

Now planning to drive to Italy then onto Croatia this spring. I really want to explore around Lake Como this time so if you find a good campsite around there let me know!

Now planning to drive to Italy then onto Croatia this spring. I really want to explore around Lake Como this time so if you find a good campsite around there let me know!

A lot of my Motorhome customers go to Croatia and say it's amazing. I'm a huge fan for Switzerland, and been several times, but apparently Croatia is similar but more realistically priced.

Back