Is this the normal view inside oil filler cap?

Cooper

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Morning all

I’ve just opened my engine oil filler cap and saw this…. It’s not what I was expecting but I don’t know if it’s normal? The van is a T6.1 IMG_2531.jpeg72 reg 150 DSG with 14k miles.

Any advice or reassurance greatly appreciated.

Yes, it's not unusual, particularly if you do shorter journeys. It's moisture combining with oil at the top of the oil filler where it is cooler.

Check that you don't have the same on your dipstick.

Pete

Morning all

I’ve just opened my engine oil filler cap and saw this…. It’s not what I was expecting but I don’t know if it’s normal? The van is a T6.1 View attachment 22815972 reg 150 DSG with 14k miles.

Any advice or reassurance greatly appreciated.

Nothing to worry about if you're not losing coolant, have a read through some of these threads which should put your mind at rest;

Thanks guys. Really appreciate you responding - I have no idea about this sort of thing!

I’ve not used the van for a few days and just checked the dip stick and the oil level is sitting perfectly in the middle of the two lines and shows no evidence of having the same frothy stuff on it.

Yes, it's not unusual, particularly if you do shorter journeys. It's moisture combining with oil at the top of the oil filler where it is cooler.

Check that you don't have the same on your dipstick.

Pete
what he said -

Very Normal.

Back