Is this a good drill (and deal)??

Yes that's a good bit of kit, the batteries last forever and the power will hurt your wrist until you get used to it I would definitely recommend.
The only thing I miss is the new ones are all 2 speed rather than to old 3 speed.

Yes that's a good bit of kit, the batteries last forever and the power will hurt your wrist until you get used to it I would definitely recommend.
The only thing I miss is the new ones are all 2 speed rather than to old 3 speed.

Thanks Jon :thumbsup:

Check out/seach for same model on google.
Companies like FFX, ITS, Toolstation, etc may have cheaper..

I find screwfix great on consumables but not overly competitive on power tools.

I've just bought a Ryobi which is probably not the best but it was cracking VFM, has two batteries and is a nice colour.
That's all that matters.

Just bought a house so felt a drill was needed. Not sure what for yet.

I've just bought a Ryobi which is probably not the best but it was cracking VFM, has two batteries and is a nice colour.
That's all that matters.

Just bought a house so felt a drill was needed. Not sure what for yet.
One of the guys who works for us swears by Ryobi, uses it every day as a builder, and the bare drill and batteries last for years. Really good value as well.

One of the guys who works for us swears by Ryobi, uses it every day as a builder, and the bare drill and batteries last for years. Really good value as well.
Sounds encouraging. I felt a top end Makita/DeWalt/whatever would be a tad OTT for a touch of possible light DIY.

Also got a 95 piece driver/drill set with a few items that I simply cannot fathom; I'm guessing the sharp "rodents tridents" are for cutting big holes in wood but the three grey circles with grub screws in them? No idea.

Back