Is my CBE CB516 charger working in reverse !!

BrianK

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello All

Hopefully someone can help with my problem.

I re-did the electrics on my 2014/2015 T5 (including replacing the one habitation battery with two) at the end of last year/start of this and all has been ticking over and playing nicely ever since, some of which is discussed on thread below.

Too Many OBDii Faults For My Liking!

The only thing I have wondered a couple of times is whether the mains charge (CBE CB516) is working correctly, as it seemed to take ages to get anywhere. But I guess because I drive the van quite often and I fitted the, so far excellent Redarc BCDC1240D which seems to charge really well then I hadn’t really thought about it.

When I went out to the van today and happened to check the charge on my battery monitor, which has always seemed accurate, I found that since yesterday I have lost about 4.2% somewhere :cry: In spite of being plugged in and not drawing anything!

According to the monitor the amperage being drawn is zero so it looks unlikely anything has become faulty and started drawing current even when switched off.

The orange ‘ON’ light is on when I plug into the mains. The only other thing of note that might be worth mentioning is that the internal fan in the charger never seems to come on, yet it was nearly always on while the old owners wiring was still in the place, although this was about as thin as spaghetti! However I have never noticed that the charger has even got hot or even warm for that matter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back