Is it time to renew my brakes?

Daddio3750

Commercial insurance broker
HI Everyone,
Away in Anglesey this week (awesome beaches and bays that could make parts of Cornwall blush!) and i start getting the front grinding noise under braking. From what I can see the outside pads are fine. The inside i cannot really see, but running my hand up and down the inside of the disc, it feels really scored. so there may be uneven wear or a stone jammed in.

Either way i am looking for a bit of upfront advice - is a change of discs and pads straight forward? I am pretty handy and have done this sort of thing on other cars / vans.
Will I need any special tools (a Ford I once had needed a particularly daft sized allen key to wind the piston back - stupid!)
And any particular brands/ suppliers you could recommend or I should avoid? Don't really want to main stealers prices unless i have to, but then also had some crappy discs for a car that were never meant to be flat and made judder under braking bloody lethal - they got changed straight out again. And finally as much as i would love to, my wallet will not stretch to brembo big brake upgrades.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply...:)

HI Everyone,
Away in Anglesey this week (awesome beaches and bays that could make parts of Cornwall blush!) and i start getting the front grinding noise under braking. From what I can see the outside pads are fine. The inside i cannot really see, but running my hand up and down the inside of the disc, it feels really scored. so there may be uneven wear or a stone jammed in.

Either way i am looking for a bit of upfront advice - is a change of discs and pads straight forward? I am pretty handy and have done this sort of thing on other cars / vans.
Will I need any special tools (a Ford I once had needed a particularly daft sized allen key to wind the piston back - stupid!)
And any particular brands/ suppliers you could recommend or I should avoid? Don't really want to main stealers prices unless i have to, but then also had some crappy discs for a car that were never meant to be flat and made judder under braking bloody lethal - they got changed straight out again. And finally as much as i would love to, my wallet will not stretch to brembo big brake upgrades.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply...:)
VIP membership will give you access to the manuals.
£12 well spent

Back