Is it because I is tight?

Have you seen how much Crafter conversions can be now? I fancied an RP & they sent me the pricelist...my preferred spec added up to £125k, iirc.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
If you buy it on a 3 year deal it seems a good offer to me with final baloon payment or return it and buy another. 4K deposit +36 payments of 650 per month.

That's £27,400 and an undisclosed balloon payment to buy the van or basically renting a van for three years at £175 per week.
I know what part of this is as I'm self unemployed these days and daren't draw on my private pension pot and a bit too young for the state pension so very spend aware but seriously it feels like £175 a week is a lot of money to rent something that doesn't have a postcode and landlord to take care of maintenance... it is me isn't it?

Edit and following a maths update that's £150 per week which makes it an absolute bargain?

Edit two and back to £175 per week, crikey, my maths is shite!

Last edited:
My mind's positively boggled now as I looked further down the advert for the "little grey camper" and their figures indicate £16,400 deposit and 48 months at £1642.48 per month, 9.7% APR to give a sum of £95,249.04 for a two year old van... hang on, six year old when paid for... anybody else remember Victor Meldrew?

That's £27,400 and an undisclosed balloon payment to buy the van or basically renting a van for three years at £175 per week.
I know what part of this is as I'm self unemployed these days and daren't draw on my private pension pot and a bit too young for the state pension so very spend aware but seriously it feels like £175 a week is a lot of money to rent something that doesn't have a postcode and landlord to take care of maintenance... it is me isn't it?

Edit and following a maths update that's £150 per week which makes it an absolute bargain?

Edit two and back to £175 per week, crikey, my maths is shite!
Take your family on holiday for 175 per week and I’ll come with you!!!

Wow wow and wow. In case anybody’s is tempted by this van, don’t pull the trigger on it until you talk to me I have a 21 plate van with only, yes only, 7,000 miles on the clock I could be persuaded to let go for a very reasonable £87,000 no vat. But please keep it quiet as I don’t really want a stampede on my street as it will annoy the neighbour.

Back