Irreconcilable differences?

Montecha

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I dragged Mrs M. away from the telly on Saturday evening to come an take a look at the nice shiny California chrome strip that I had picked up in the morning and just proudly attached to my tailgate. I get this totally unreasonable response.

'That's enough bling now....... and no more......!???!'

I was deeply shocked, firstly a Cali chrome strip is clearly not bling - it's an OEM fitment, therefore it's classy, and secondly what can she possibly mean by 'no more' ?

I have explained that a T6 is a constantly evolving living breathing thing, so 'no more' is like suffocating it!!

This could be irreconcilable, any advice to salvage the situation?

The Only Way Is T6 (TOWIT6) ;)

I feel for you, i really do. Unfortunatly I am unable to offer any advice because in our household its me who has to reign in the missus.

Maybe just jave to buy another. One built to her wishes and one to yours......

Is now a good time to tell her about the new side strip chrome trims VW have just released, caravelle style !

Unfortunately I may need to avoid the 'velle side chrome strips for the summer months, the combined glare from the sidebars and chrome strips could well be a hazard to other drivers.

But I like the Frankenstein's monster idea, I need to raise my 'bling' game into the big league, time to lurk on some of the 'less classy' car forums for some ideas :cool:

Maybe some gulwing doors .......

fluffycorsajag.jpg

Unfortunately I may need to avoid the 'velle side chrome strips for the summer months, the combined glare from the sidebars and chrome strips could well be a hazard to other drivers.

But I like the Frankenstein's monster idea, I need to raise my 'bling' game into the big league, time to lurk on some of the 'less classy' car forums for some ideas :cool:

Maybe some gulwing doors .......

View attachment 7977
What did it look like before it hit the wall?

It may not be to everyone's taste, but you have got to give credit to the amount of time and effort that has gone into engineering all of that stuff. It sure is unique.

I wasn't entirely trying to discredit the youth of today!

Got to hand it to the young guys and girls with their pimping, most kids don't know their Isopon P38 filler from glass fibre matting, but you do see many hours of work put into their cars.

I'm deliberately making my lad buy a bit of a banger for his first motor - 17 in July - I want him to learn some mechanical empathy, if it breaks he'll need to fix it! (I can make myself available for a small fee)

My first car was a beige 1973 Morris Marina 1.3. It was vile but taught me a hell of a lot about car maintenance and turned me into a pro bump starter!

Oh my I'm lost for words one of BL's biggest Fails
It was a well meaning (now long gone) Grandfather. Still, it was better than the orange Skoda Estelle he nearly bought me.
The Marina was utterly mint to the point that older chaps regularly asked me about it but clearly it hadn't been used much - a few months into ownership, the engine blew up. So an Ital engine was fitted. It was still dreadful and I eventually sold it (with dents from me kicking the hateful thing for constantly not starting) to my cousin for £100. He wrote it off a week later.

It was replaced with my Mum's 1986 Golf GTi 8v which felt like a rocket in comparison and was ULTRA reliable. Sold that for good money too.

It was a well meaning (now long gone) Grandfather. Still, it was better than the orange Skoda Estelle he nearly bought me.
The Marina was utterly mint to the point that older chaps regularly asked me about it but clearly it hadn't been used much - a few months into ownership, the engine blew up. So an Ital engine was fitted. It was still dreadful and I eventually sold it (with dents from me kicking the hateful thing for constantly not starting) to my cousin for £100. He wrote it off a week later.

It was replaced with my Mum's 1986 Golf GTi 8v which felt like a rocket in comparison and was ULTRA reliable. Sold that for good money too.

Skoda Estelle OMG they were awful things though did do well in Rallying. The only Marina Coupe I saw that looked like it was any good was at an Abingdon Special Tuneing sale. It was sat there all low with arch extension on but no engine. Some one had ordered it then cancelled, thought it might make a useful sprint car. I had a drive in the 16v Mk1 GTI and thought it was very nice even handled as good as my XR2

H reg, Monza Red Ford Capri Mark 1, however............................................

Only 1300cc!

Totally gutless, but still managed to put it through a hedge into a farmers field. In another 'incident' the bonnet catch failed and the bonnet folded back onto the front screen - pretty exciting slowing down without binning it, when you can't see and only been driving 6 months!

Learned loads on it though, mostly keeping the engine from drinking oil, treating rust and recovering my panel damage :eek:

Back