Iffy lacquer on diamond cut Wolfrace?

Bridger8

T6 Pro
Cleaned the van on Sunday and spotted (not for the first time TBF…) this on the black lacquer of the diamond cut wheels.

Some of the lacquer is coming off, but on other spokes (all wheels) there’s this weird speckling but the lacquer is intact. Have I done this somehow? Any ideas?

30A6F3DB-6AB4-4E22-A884-4D39118A3FBB.jpeg

Mine are exactly the same... I'm on my second pair of Wolfrace - latest pair only ever cleaned with Bilt Hamber - I.e. non acidic cleaner.

You'll find lots if comments that aftermarket wheels - Diamond Cut in particular just aren't up to it - can't deal with grit etc. Given I've had two sets I can testify to this

I know it's not what you want to hear... You could look at getting them powder coated - but generally means they'll all be one colour.

Thanks @ahappychappie

Yeah figured as much, balls.

Are you just putting up with it then?

Bought the van 2nd hand with these on. I like the concave ish look they have, from the side, but don’t like them square on as the silver looks a bit spindly…

So a powder coat in black or silver might chunk them up a bit…

Sadly, they (Wolfrace) are well known to suffer from this, you might get a set replaced under warranty, but inevitably it’ll come back in the same way.

For comparison my set of BBS SV Satin Blacks are nearly 5 years old and with a quick clean they look like brand new, so not all diamond cut alloys suffer from this.

Back