Icons missing?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Is it just me?

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 08.13.01.png

I've just checked in a different browser thats fine, it just seems to be Chrome which I updated yesterday?

Last edited:
i had this the other day . .

@Pauly helped me fix it.

you need to clear the Browser cache. (New web cirt updare or something)

restart etc didn't fix it.

CNTRL + F5 on PC

and settings in Android phone (chrome->settings->history->clear)

not sure on IOS

Had a few issues lately and have had to change a few settings and install new security certificate for the site, this is a side effect of that

If you are on a windows machine just hold F5 and refresh the page
If you are on an android device go into the browser settings and clear the cache
Apple devices should sort them selves out

Had a few issues lately and have had to change a few settings and install new security certificate for the site, this is a side effect of that

If you are on a windows machine just hold F5 and refresh the page
If you are on an android device go into the browser settings and clear the cache
Apple devices should sort them selves out
Its on my mac I have the problem. In Safari everything displays correctly, however in google chrome I have the problem. (Still there by the way)

Just force a refresh or manually clear the cache and you should be fine
I’m not an Mac user so not sure how it differs from chrome on windows ?

Its on my mac I have the problem. In Safari everything displays correctly, however in google chrome I have the problem. (Still there by the way)
My safari on MAC is okay, just need to flush the cache

It seems I can’t get onto this forum from my ipad via safari, firefox is OK though?!

Last edited by a moderator:
What errors are you seeing ?
I got loads of redirection errors until I cleared the cache for this website on my Mac and iPad.

Pete

On my phone and iPad all work ok. But on my Mac in safari I get a too many redirects error until I hit refresh then the page loads.

Too many redirects probably means you are accessing the site from a shortcut you have saved that is no longer valid or the path has changed slightly
Just delete the bookmark/link and resave and you should be fine
I have made a few tweaks to the server lately and updated security (SSL) certificates etc so clearing browser cache should sort any issues people are seeing

Works fine on my newer iPads iPhone but my old iPad mini will not connect it just sits there doing nothing (bit like me haha).

As per title, it seems I can’t get onto this forum from my ipad via safari, firefox is OK though?!
Too many redirects probably means you are accessing the site from a shortcut you have saved that is no longer valid or the path has changed slightly
I occasionally get this when I click on the Frequently Visited tab that Apple remembers for you within safari.

I’d show you the page in reference but then there are decent people on this here forum..

How to clear your Safari cache on an iPad
  1. Open the Settings app and then tap "Safari."
  2. Tap "Clear History and Website Data." ...
  3. Confirm that

No problems at all on my iPad (I do tend to housekeep caches regularly) - indeed, I'm posting this from it. BUT I Have been seeing a few issues with pictures loading on my MacBook Pro Retina of late. It's nothing to do with my internet connection which is generally in the 63 - 75 Mbps range but quite often the first picture in a post will not fully load but the rest are OK. It's a bit weird really and a click on the refresh button doesn't make any difference but I can live with it.

BUT I Have been seeing a few issues with pictures loading on my MacBook Pro Retina of late. It's nothing to do with my internet connection which is generally in the 63 - 75 Mbps range but quite often the first picture in a post will not fully load but the rest are OK. It's a bit weird really and a click on the refresh button doesn't make any difference but I can live with it.
This was an issue that was fixed end of last week.

Back