How can I sell VCDS?

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
As I have now left the fold I did say I have a fair few T6 and associated bits for sale and I will get round to listing these when I get time to do it but how would I go about selling my VCDS? The dongle fine, but the software is linked to my email address. Can this be changed or would someone have to log in as me? Seems not very desirable on either side, has anyone got round this? It’s only a 3 user licence with 1 obv already used

AFAIK,

You can sell on the hardware and the new user can buy a new new licence pack from vcds online. (Possibly transfer over the the 2 unused vins)

Have a check over at the vcds website.

AFAIK,

You can sell on the hardware and the new user can buy a new new licence pack from vcds online. (Possibly transfer over the the 2 unused vins)

Have a check over at the vcds website.
Thanks I’ll see if I can find info there. The value is in the software really, the dongle is pretty generic.

Thanks, reading through those it doesn’t seem worth the hassle for either side, so I’ll just offer up the 2 remaining VINs for nothing for anyone that wants any mods doing and is able to come to me. I’m in between Donny and Scunny. Once that’s done I’ll sell the dongle on the forum for a nominal sum so someone can register it with Ross tech.
I won’t be on the forum but I’ll set my preferences so that I get notified if there’s a PM so get in touch if it’s any use to you and we’ll arrange something.

You can sell it no problems, it doesnt matter who it is registered to it will still fully function
The only downside is that the new owner wont be able to use the rosstech forum as they wont be registered as a verified owner/user and may struggle to upgrade it to 10 VIN or above somewhere down the road ?
Re-registering the lead costs $99 so still works out cheaper than buying a new one
I would say that lead is still worth minimum somewhere in the region of £100

Reactions: mmi
Back