Hot seats!

chazmanda

Hi guys, I've got black vinyl seats in my kombi, look great but I'm getting fed up of my back getting mega hot on them. What's the best solution? Seat covers?? If so what material? I've been Googling and just not sure what to try.thanks

I bought a sun/thermal blinds from Just Kampers. Windscreen and front side window covers live in the van in the summer. My side windows are tinted which helps and I have pull up blinds in the sides as it is a shuttle.

The windscreen and front side covers are silver reflective on the outside.

I've just got a blind today so hopefully will help but it's definitely hot to drive on these seats.

Was wondering about tinting the sides and maybe a chameleon tint on windscreen

The issue is that you will always have the plastic under any new covers and I suspect that the heat will always build up, especially in the weather that we're experiencing at the moment and probably will in most years to come if the trend upwards continues. I don't actually find my plain jane cloth seats (OEM Simora) too bad but I do miss the leather seats in my old Audi Q5 when I''m in the T6 - they're ventilated.

The issue is that you will always have the plastic under any new covers and I suspect that the heat will always build up, especially in the weather that we're experiencing at the moment and probably will in most years to come if the trend upwards continues. I don't actually find my plain jane cloth seats (OEM Simora) too bad but I do miss the leather seats in my old Audi Q5 when I''m in the T6 - they're ventilated.
This is what I was worried about. Might get one of those ones with a fan built in! Lol

The half plastic seats in the 'velle got pretty hot in the sun in France a few weeks back. I just left the hi-viz vests on them when parked up and they were fine.

Back