Hole in the front grille...

Ambrose

T6 Pro
It's not unusual to find the odd stone chip here and there each time we come back from a weekend away, but to discover this big hole in the front grille was a bit of a surprise!

IMG_7910.jpegIMG_7911.jpeg

Does anyone know if this can be fixed without having to replace the entire grille? I am half tempted to just cover it up with a badge or something...

It's not unusual to find the odd stone chip here and there each time we come back from a weekend away, but to discover this big hole in the front grille was a bit of a surprise!

View attachment 198449View attachment 198450

Does anyone know if this can be fixed without having to replace the entire grille? I am half tempted to just cover it up with a badge or something...
Got a hole myself, almost in the exact same spotIMG_5057.jpeg

Whilst not exactly the same I found my grill had come away in multiple parts where the vertical segments connect to the lower horizontal. It's like it has had a lower end bump. Surprising as 'bumpers' are supposed to be sacrificial, but my bumper is clean, no marks. I guess the plastic is fragile grill is not very robust. It it were mine I'd clean the section with soap and then alcohol and attempt a plastic repair with either glue (super glue is water soluble I understand) or attempt a hot repair. At the least you can cut black gaffer tape to fit the sections. It will cover the hole and elsewhere may offer some form of protection against further similar damage?

View attachment 198449View attachment 198450

Keep forgetting to post my handiwork - here’s my attempt at 3D printing to cover up the hole IMG_8874.jpeg

Back