Hinckley Camperwrx T6

These guys are on my doorstep - didn’t know a lot about them until I saw this earlier - I had tried to engage them for some work when I first got my van but they never got back to me so I didn’t follow up. @Tourershine has made some positive comments about them as well so I will try speaking to them next time I need some work.

I have been following this build, i think its one or the best T6 s around at the moment. Great work. Hopefully i can get to see it this year some how.

These guys are on my doorstep - didn’t know a lot about them until I saw this earlier - I had tried to engage them for some work when I first got my van but they never got back to me so I didn’t follow up. @Tourershine has made some positive comments about them as well so I will try speaking to them next time I need some work.

I contacted them when I first got my T6 about doing a custom rear build for all my kit and separating the cab area because no one else would undertake the job, and they were happy to take it on, but due to their lead times I couldn't wait, so had it done by another company.

They were on the ball getting back to me, which is more than I can say about several other companies that didn't even bother to reply.

IMG_1660.JPG
My van outside their workshop after I had them put my flooring down. The T6 they have done is used daily too!

By the way when they were building it, they not only hand made a lot of the trick gadgets, but they used parts from VW from the California. The roof is from a Cali and the interior panelling is from a caravelle. There are several mood lights around the van, over 20 if my memory serves me right. The dash is bound in leather and like I say, it was completely stripped back. It owes them a fortune, but no expense was spared. One thing Matt did tell me was nothing has been done in terms of mapping etc as "it's a van" and "its fast enough for a van". This is very true indeed.

Back