HID lights

I had a kit from them for my transit custom . It was not that make but had to remove it as i kept getting errors on the dash. Mine had projector lenses so looked factory fit but i wouldn't fit them into a standard t6 unit or if you do keep them down on the road as they are very bright. The company are very helpful but i think it was just the ford ecu.

Hello all.
I have a 2016 t6 and want to upgrade to HID bulbs. Does anyone have any ideas of good kits that are suitable ? Not worried about fitting extra relays and adjusting wiring I just want bright headlights.
I've tried Halfords 120% and I've got 100/90w bulbs in at the moment but I want brighter and a longer reach.
Please help me.

@Ben , don't take this the wrong way, it seems like you and all none LED light owners, see the post ref who's happy or unhappy with their lights.

I haven't fitted them in the t6 as it has reflector lenses but had them in the ford custom with projectors.
I used HIDS4U down in Southampton but they do a kit for reflectors but they shouldn't be fitted . I think a fine for having them could be better than running someone over if you cannot see them.
They are very helpful if you give them a call but not cheap like the stuff on eBay you will be looking at about £60
I would like to see a set fitted from a oncoming cars view.

Hids in halogen reflector bowls are glare central. I get blinded all the time, I'm too busy stopping my retinas from burning to flash back.
Why not buy the h7 upgrade headlights or get some projector retrofits?

I went down the route of proper HID upgrade including projectors etc and it was very close to the £1000 mark

I made a few general enquires with lighting companies about converting new T6 headlights (people wont want to be without headlights for a week) by replacing the innards of H7 units with good quality twin morimoto projector setup.
There are different ways headlights are bonded together one type that is very difficult to separate and one that is not so, obviously T6 units are the difficult type so the prices quoted were near a grand, this may improve in time but i imagine aftermarket will be along soon, theres a demand so wont be long until supply

They are fine for H7s but most complaints are about the H4s.

the problem is that they are not CE approved, and is leading to the authorities looking into these kits, as some are far too bright and dazzle/blind other road users... As with all mods, they have to be done with safety foremost in mind, and not just yours..

I echo what @T6 Dave says about approvals so if you do only upgrade the high beam where you are less likely to be dazzling others.

Back