Hi from Yorkshire

Got class your missus. :thumbsup:
I wouldn't go that far, her first husband she describes as a whippet breeding, donkey jacket wearing, Yorkshire pudding eating Northener who couldn't lie straight in bed! Class may not be a word I would use! She's asleep, I can talk without fear!

Ahh the whippet - a poor man's greyhound and only slightly less northern then a ferret! Nowt wrong with Yorkshire pud though - bloomin' marvellous stuff.

EDIT: You ever tried YP with raspberry jam & clotted cream? Highly recommended!

Ahh the whippet - a poor man's greyhound and only slightly less northern then a ferret! Nowt wrong with Yorkshire pud though - bloomin' marvellous stuff.
You'll like her Bav, straight talking lass!

• Love
Reactions: Bav
As someone born & bred in West Yorkshire, it is with a heavy heart that I say that it is the shittiest part of Yorkshire. Mind you, East and especially North Yorkshire set the bar very

As someone born & bred in West Yorkshire, it is with a heavy heart that I say that it is the shittiest part of Yorkshire. Mind you, East and especially North Yorkshire set the bar very high!
Bit of a generalisation there Bav, be proud of tha roots man! Some shit places across the county - bigging up the east with Hull as its epicentre for one!

Bit of a generalisation there Bav, be proud of tha roots man! Some shit places across the county - bigging up the east with Hull as its epicentre for one!
There are some nicer spots in WY, of course there are, but compared with the rest of Yorkshire, WY is a lot wetter, more densely populated, more deprived, more (post-)industrial, with more litter, more fly-tipping and more towns & cities (e.g. Bradford, Huddersfield, Keighley and my home-town Halifax) that are dying on their arses and have large un-integrated Muslim populations whose youths act & drive (for the want of a better word) like life is cheap and the law doesn't apply to them.

I'm not that naïve to think there aren't problems elsewhere and I'll freely admit that I don't know SY very well at all, but IMO WY has bigger problems that are more deeply rooted.

BTW, a lot of people decry Hull (mostly those who've never been) and, yes, it has it's problems, but my daughter graduated from Hull 5/6 years ago and she loved it - the people were friendly and she could walk around the city at night without feeling intimidated or unsafe in any way. Contrast that with my recent trip to Bradford city centre where, as a bloke who isn't easily intimidated, I didn't feel safe even in broad daylight.

I realise that some of the above may offend some people, but they're just my opinions based on my experiences.

My favourite Yorkshire saying (being a Yorkshireman) is this one. And it couldn’t fit the chief advisor better:

‘There’s two ways o’ doin’ this: my way and the right way, and they’re both the same.’

As a southerner I would say you need to lose that arch gap? But that's probably just a southern fool speaking the nonsense?! Nice looking van though!
I plan to drop it 50mm, it worked well and looked to me on my T5. I know some like to go lower, but i want to be able to pit stuff in the back without grounding plus the lower you go the harder the ride gets.

Back