Help!! T6 T32 Kombi - 204dsg/manual/4 Motion Or 150 Dsg?

Andrew keen

T6 Pro
Hi All,
Firstly apologies I am sure that these questions have been asked many many times before and form probably a good basis of an argument!. (and yes I have searched the forum and gained many directions and thoughts but for my sanity and a good nights sleep!)

I am in the process of nearly completing the deal on the following with Swiss Vans:
T6 204 (T32) Kombi, SWB DSG 4 Motion
With the following additions:
Discovery Nav
Heated front seats (not sure to stay with the Highline interior or go leather!)
Front & Rear Parking sensors with camera
Twin side loading doors (power latching)
Power latched tailgate
LED tail light
Cab carpet
Comfort dash
Towbar
(above is standard from the factory), with the following add on(s) from Swiss:
Front & Rear splitters
side bars
roof bars (not sure if these are required as you can fit tradition, width ways, bars when required for the roof box)
Upgraded 18"
Leather - tbc

Firstly I have seen mixed opinions about Swiss but generally they seem ok?
Secondly - the 204 DSG 4 motion is going to be thirsty? I have seen ranges from 19mpg to mid 30's?
Thirdly - from what I have seen Swiss lowering option is not great and to get retro fitted Bilstein B14s?

Or, as the bomb hits the ground and go for a 150 DSG with potentially better MPG's?
Again sorry for asking the question but help is needed!
thanks for your time reading and I look forward to your thoughts!
Regards

I would say go with whatever suits your budget. However if you are going for a T32 for vat purposes unless things have changed in the last year a 204 dsg with 4motion i think dips you under the 1 ton payload. I dropped the 4motion for this reason. In terms of mpg a 204 only uses so much fuel as it such a laugh blowing away the all reps in their bmw 1series :) by the way i am talking about a diesel 204.

I cannot answer the first question

2nd, although mine isn't 4motion, but is 204 DSG. I drive all over the UK every day, and often drive hard without a thought about the fuel consumption.
Best i've seen is 36mpg
Worst 17mpg
My average is 29-31 which isn't brilliant, but the fun factor compensates.
3rd, I started off with VW 30mm springs, which were ok, but I could never achieve the stance I wanted. Now have full B14s, and H&R ARBs and it's absolutely stonking in comparison.
There's a few installers around us in the Midlands, but I opted for the drive to the South Coast to let Bognor Motors fit mine (Members on here) because I preferred their ethos, but that's just me.

Thanks Jon
I will have look into the payload as the only reason for the T32 is the VAT! Thanks and will keep you posted

Thanks Jon
I will have look into the payload as the only reason for the T32 is the VAT! Thanks and will keep you posted[/QUOTE
Hi Jon
You are right, the 4motion has a payload of 987kg, none 4motion version is over 1000kg, thanks, saved an expensive mistake!

Reactions: Jon
Nice spec you have opted for, I have 204 manual and love it. I don't drive fast but enjoy having the torque on tap as and when needed. Usually drive around at 70mph and getting around 43/44mpg on motorway miles. Regards DSG, when I test drove one it was something that didn't jump out at me and thinking I got to have this, good old manual and in full control through the box :D

Thanks for summary Tourshine and interested in your comments re suspension. Was thinking going VW 30mm myself but you now have me rethinking this additional expense option :(

Back