Help needed with rear van lock [Resolved]

Montlufc

Hi folks I’m wanting turn the auto lock off on the barn doors 2016 t6 my boss has vagcom on his lap top but wanting to know correct procedure to do this without messing my ecu up any help will be much appreciated
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Go into the Central Electrics control module, scroll through until you find the correct option, tick or untick the box, pre Esc on your keyboard, then tick Do It.

Byte 0 is single locking, so when you approach the van, you only unlock the driver's door with the first press of the fob (prevents bad actors from opening other doors and stealing your stuff)

You say auto lock, but that is normally the locking of all doors as you drive away. Was that what you wanted, or did you mean the auto-lock that happens if you used the middle button to just unlock the rear door (that can lock again with your keys inside)?

Byte 0 is single locking, so when you approach the van, you only unlock the driver's door with the first press of the fob (prevents bad actors from opening other doors and stealing your stuff)

You say auto lock, but that is normally the locking of all doors as you drive away. Was that what you wanted, or did you mean the auto-lock that happens if you used the middle button to just unlock the rear door (that can lock again with your keys inside)?
Sorry for the confusion
So when I unlock the van and enter at the barn doors after say 20 seconds the van locks itself unless I open another door . So I’m just wanting to be able to unlock van from key fob and if I enter at barn doors it not lock itself .

Sorry for the confusion
So when I unlock the van and enter at the barn doors after say 20 seconds the van locks itself unless I open another door . So I’m just wanting to be able to unlock van from key fob and if I enter at barn doors it not lock itself .
What you refer to is the relock BYTE 4 Bit 5

But what you described sounds like a fault with the door open switch on the back door, as the BCU is not seeing you open the rear door.

Last edited:
Could you give me a pointer to where this microswitch is as looks like I now have this problem.

Back