Help - locked out

Richm

VIP Member
Think I’ve got a real problem.
T6 2017 tail gate.
Looks like the battery is so flat that the key fobs won’t work.
I can’t get in via the drivers door because I’m parked underground next to a concrete wall on that side!!

Is there any other way to gain access to retrieve the battery charger and open the bonnet?

Failing that I need to be able to move the van a few feet to get to the door. Any suggestions how to do that - car park only just fits the T6 for height.
Hand brake is on and it’s in gear.

Might need to get underneath it and feed power onto the starter cables to back feed the system and your keyfobs will work

Is there no way at all you can open the drivers door enough to coat hanger the Bonnet pull or reach the slide on the back window to slide it assume you have windows and can get a coat hanger
Found in the past a local hotel could help ….

Might need to get underneath it and feed power onto the starter cables to back feed the system and your keyfobs will work
...i was typing extactly that when i saw your post pop up...I've dont that in the past, albeit on a different vehicle

Is there no way at all you can open the drivers door enough to coat hanger the Bonnet pull or reach the slide on the back window to slide it assume you have windows and can get a coat hanger
Found in the past a local hotel could help ….
I’m at home, the missus could squeeze to the door to unlock it with the key but couldn’t reach anything.

You could undo the handbrake cable underneath with a 10mm spanner and push it, unless in gear of course…

Not sure but does the passenger door have a cover on the handle like the attached video open a transporter with flat battery - Google Search

Is that something a decent mechanic could/would do?
I’m at home (Manchester city centre), so not a massive emergency.
Guess I’ll have to call someone out but want to get the right person.

We’re not too far away and im in Manchester on Friday so don’t mind helping out if you’re still stuck

We’re not too far away and im in Manchester on Friday so don’t mind helping out if you’re still stuck
Thanks very much.
There’s a national tyres at the end of the road, the guys in there are alright. I’ll speak to them tomorrow.

It is in gear so the handbrake release probably won’t work.

its literally just a case of clipping a jump pack on, apart from rather than clipping it across the battery, you are clipping it to the large wire going to the starter motor (which is connected directly to the battery positive terminal) and chassis ground (something metal close by to the starter) once you clip it on. You should be able to use the fob to unlock the van to pop the bonnet and jump start it/charge battery etc.

if you have the plastic undertray it will be a bit harder as it will need to be removed, but its really nothing too complicated that you couldn't do yourself or anyone competent could achieve in about 15mins

Back