HELP B14s

T66RUB

IMG_0121.JPG Booked in at vanstyle this week for 30mm lowering springs. But read that much about B14s I'm thinking of bitting the bullet and going the full hog. But do 30mm make a difference? Not to bothered about the slam look but needs to right. Anyone totally disappointed with there eibach 30mm?

I had the 30mm Eibach's and have swapped them out for B14's, so possibly a good person to offer opinion.
The 30mm's give a good compromise in that they give a slightly better look, and take some of the roll out of the standard height suspension (having used a standard height van for test drive for a day).
The B14's eradicate all body roll, whilst enabling you to run at standard height if you wanted to, or 60-70mm lower.
Yes they are expensive, however you get what you pay for, and personally I think that they are worth every penny.

@T66RUB Like the stainless roof bars, what make are those ones? Any more pics showing them
Thanks. Not sure of the make had them off eBay about £100. But bit of advise of you are carrying anything go for the heavy duty ones with extra brackets. When I put kayaks on they sag so I've got 4 nylon blocks at the moment, just in the process of making some in steel then have then chromed.

I had the 30mm Eibach's and have swapped them out for B14's, so possibly a good person to offer opinion.
The 30mm's give a good compromise in that they give a slightly better look, and take some of the roll out of the standard height suspension (having used a standard height van for test drive for a day).
The B14's eradicate all body roll, whilst enabling you to run at standard height if you wanted to, or 60-70mm lower.
Yes they are expensive, however you get what you pay for, and personally I think that they are worth every penny.
Thanks Daveyb thought that might be the response £££???

@T66RUB got mine from TransporterHQ £1095 fitted.

@transporter65 for the fronts it looks as though its a case of jack up and remove the wheel. The lock rings are at the top of the strut. The tears are a totally different kettle of fish. As the rear on mine sits a bit higher than I want I jacked it up removed the wheels but there is no f'ing way that you can get in with the spanners to make the adjustment as the locking cool are is at the top of the spring which sits in a neat little apperture that you can't get the spanners into (unless I'm being a total bell (well more so than normal anyway) and missing something obvious). So it appears as though its a case of disconnecting the strut from the swing arm so that it can drop right down to pop the spring out, make the adjustment and then put it all back together.
@roscoetraildog (aka Andy of TransporterHQ) are you able to confirm if this is actually the case?

@T66RUB got mine from TransporterHQ £1095 fitted.

@transporter65 for the fronts it looks as though its a case of jack up and remove the wheel. The lock rings are at the top of the strut. The tears are a totally different kettle of fish. As the rear on mine sits a bit higher than I want I jacked it up removed the wheels but there is no f'ing way that you can get in with the spanners to make the adjustment as the locking cool are is at the top of the spring which sits in a neat little apperture that you can't get the spanners into (unless I'm being a total bell (well more so than normal anyway) and missing something obvious). So it appears as though its a case of disconnecting the strut from the swing arm so that it can drop right down to pop the spring out, make the adjustment and then put it all back together.
@roscoetraildog (aka Andy of TransporterHQ) are you able to confirm if this is actually the case?
FYI dropping the lower arm does not release the rear springs there will still be a bit of compression on them so they will not be removed easily
On a side note have you tried accessing from the rear with the van jacked up ?

Last edited:
Hi @Pauly, yep had the van jacked up but the spanners that come with the kit just don't appear to have any room to fit up inside the spring mounting recess.

How easy is it too adjust the height with the B14's , i presume you have too remove the wheel ?
Transporter65 thanks for your input. Made me think do I want to strip wheels off and mess with the adjusters, or just leave how it's was originally set? But it gives you options in the future. Wish I had a ramp at home.

Back