Hello Folks :-)

bikers1

Hello folks,

Having come from Land Rover, Shogun & L200 Classic , I have now entered dub world, got my 2016 T6-T28 PV with 68k miles on yesterday :)

Going to convert to a 'day van' as it has to double up as business transport for my custom motorcycle engineering business.

Looking forward to converting it,

I have already learned that despite my conviction that VW were the most reliable vans I've already discovered the marque wide door latch problem, it's going back to the dealer on Friday to get fixed. I would do it but I paid them plenty so they can fix it ;)

Have lost many hours of my life over the past few days watching the 8 million different people claiming that their way of insulation is the only/correct way :laugh:

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a good grasp of what is ahead of you :D

Pete

Aye, indeed hours and hours of research :laugh::laugh::laugh:

luckily metal fab, welding, machining and electrics are my business so I've got a good start, if I could just open the f&&*^*^g driver's door from the outside :laugh:

Aye, indeed hours and hours of research :laugh::laugh::laugh:

luckily metal fab, welding, machining and electrics are my business so I've got a good start, if I could just open the f&&*^*^g driver's door from the outside :laugh:
Any chance you can weld the metal roof back on my van so I can put this poptop POS in the bin where it belongs?

oh dear, I briefly looked at a pop top, then at the price and thought naaaah .

are they shit then ?
It is all of the hassle that I have had with this particular one that has driven me to loath them. I can only hope that the issues have been remedied now, but that does nothing to sweeten the bitter pill. Look up my thread “HiLo sport roof review” it’ll tell you why I now hate poptops and would never have another.

Whilst forums are often seen as places where people congregate to moan, and therefore only negative reviews get posted, here you get both in equal measure. For example someone posted last night in one thread or other that he has had this same make of roof for many a year without fault, which is great. Unfortunately I have had the opposite, and there are others with both positives and negatives.

I've just read yer post about yer roof :(

What a clusterfuck nightmare that was. looks like a complete lack of attention to detail by both of them.

Did ye consider small claims court ?

I've just read yer post about yer roof :(

What a clusterfuck nightmare that was. looks like a complete lack of attention to detail by both of them.

Did ye consider small claims court ?
For the costs associated, just wasn’t worth it. For me it was more a case of let people know of my experience, let them make up their own minds, and move on and try and get the love back for my van.

Aye, I understand. I hope ye get the love back for yer van :)

I usually keep vehicles for 10 yrs at least, do all my own work on them. trouble is I get 10 yrs older every time I have to start anew and I'm not gettin any younger lol ....

I'm trying maintain some sense of calm over the bloody driver's door latch not working, the dealer fitted a new latch it was shagged as soon as I got the van home, I'm hoping it's something simple .

I retired my old L200 as it was 15 yrs old with 150k miles and was getting to greedy of my time.

no doubt I could fix the door latch but it's the principle ;)

Back