Headrest Phone Mount Suggestion

Paynewright

VIP Member
T6 Legend
The teenagers no longer use their tablets in the van and use their IPhones instead.

The cheapo tablet mounts from Argos no longer work for their phones.

Can anyone recommend a mount that attaches to one/both of the front seat headrest posts, that has a variable spring loaded ‘clamp’ for the phone. Also needs to be able to turn for portrait / landscape orientation. There are a few options on amazon but would prefer a personal recommendation if possible.

I started exploring camera / tripod mounts with the 1/4 x 20 threaded boss but they look too solid should we have an accident!

Anyone been through this procurement exercise?

Ian

Last edited:
So bit the bullet and ordered a couple of these from Amazon.

I’ve got to say I’m fairly impressed with them for £8.59 each. They clip between the headrest posts firmly and both of the kids phones fit in them. My iphone 13 mini is loose (not that I’ll be sitting in the back).

The holder and bracket join together with a ball and socket arrangement. I’ve found one of my old Arkon phone holders uses the same ball size as does the VW Up! South American phone holder and both of these device holders will work with the Amazon bracket. The ball is 17mm diameter - I’m sure there are other mounts out there which could be used to make a hybrid arrangement!

They will orientate portrait or landscape and have cut outs in the clamp ends for cables.

My only other observation is the mount is quite robust and IMHO should be removed from the seat when not in use just in case of a collision. I think this should apply to most mounts and this one is no better or worse than others we’ve used. Its a balance between an enjoyable long journey and risk of a collision.

Any questions about the mounts please let me know.

Ian

Back