Happy all the way to the bank

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
just looked in my buisness account Hmrc have refunded the vat from the purchase of the van:)accountant did say he had submitted it but bloody hell that was quick as only took delivery of the van on 5th September ,no mention of being less than 1000 payload as mine is a 180 dsg kombi which weighed in under the payload

Their always refund the VAT - whether its a combi under the payload or a second hand space shuttle !

You just don't want that little brown envelope dropping into the letterbox with the words 'investigation' visible anywhere.

Good to know their on the ball though- They sure want their money quick enough....

Their always refund the VAT - whether its a combi under the payload or a second hand space shuttle !

You just don't want that little brown envelope dropping into the letterbox with the words 'investigation' visible anywhere.

Good to know their on the ball though- They sure want their money quick enough....
Hopefully I don't get that brown envelope with investigation

Only time I had a inspection so far in my 20 + years was when I purchased my factory unit! I image the lights started flashing red on my claim back . they soon came out to inspect me , all ok.
Hope the combi don't prompt another visit , don't need the stress at the mow :(

Last edited:
So not fair, us little guys without businesses behind us have to pay out the VAT and then bend over. I could really do with a little rebate envelope landing on the doorstep right about now. :cry:

I have only got two left hands when it comes to the bas****d that is the tax man, he taketh but never giveth. Get royally screwed by him every year with my "emergency services response" lease car, which I HAVE to have for work, but apparently there is a benefit in kind in there somewhere!!!!!! I have to pay for the effing thing as it is because the minimal amount that my employer contributes does not cover the whole vehicle - and you can't get much cheaper than a Skoda - albeit it is a quick Skoda.

Being self employed has it benefits but also has downsides , either way you get screwed.............

I'll submit my vat returns next week and get back the VAT on my van. However it won't be the full amount as I usually pay 3k vat per quarter.

I hope no inspection is required. Not had one yet but everything is online or in emails so it will be a pain in the ass time consuming to prove everything.

Back