Halo Roof - LED Strip

RossBamsey

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys

Just purchased (and received) a halo roof system from Plyworx.

I didn't purchase the LED lighting strip from them, so was wondering if there was a specific product people recommend i use ?

Cheers

Ross

It depends what you want. I would go for an RGBW or RGBWW if you plan on using them as white lights. Im never satisfied with the with the RGB for this. Or if uou only want white then just get a white strip.

Go for COB led for a more uniform glow............5m will do it

I think this is the exact one i was looking at but thought I would need more like 7m to ensure i cover the whole length - didnt want one end to be darker where I didnt have enough length (mrs tells me i have this problem all the time)

I think max length in one run is around 5m to avoid too much voltage drop. I’ve got some similar stuff on order. You can cut it, and there are connections that join sections together, but you would want to power it from both ends.

I think max length in one run is around 5m to avoid too much voltage drop. I’ve got some similar stuff on order. You can cut it, and there are connections that join sections together, but you would want to power it from both ends.
Yes I bit the bullet and went for a 5m length eventually

How are you wiring these in? I'm guessing you're using your 12V Leisure Bat, but is it simple enough to connect them in?

How are you wiring these in? I'm guessing you're using your 12V Leisure Bat, but is it simple enough to connect them in?
I dont have a leisure battery in mine as its a not a camper. I used the existing cabling to my rear internal lighting and used the door switch for my LED spots and the timed ignition supply for the halo strip

Halo Lighting.jpeg

I dont have a leisure battery in mine as its a not a camper. I used the existing cabling to my rear internal lighting and use the door switch for my LED spots and the timed ignition supply for the halo strip
Ah nice one! Good idea

Back