Halfnails Van To Camper

Halfnail

T6 Pro
So was hoping to post this before Camper jam but didn't complete until Thursday night before but here it is my conversion
So started looking for a 150 DSG Highline van in blackberry
bought said van

1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Next was to remove ply lining

2.JPG

and bulkhead.

3.jpg

once removed I set about silent coating every thing probably went a bit OTT but each to there own.

4.JPG

5.JPG

And then decided to stick 6 mm isolator all over.

6.JPG

7.JPG

Again a bit OTT

So next job was to take the van to Exploria for the windows fitting decided on VW OEM as I prefer the look.

8.JPG

They did a great job fitting the windows

Next was the pop top after a lot of searching i chose the HILO roof. It was a close call with the SCA roof but in the end i just Loved the low profile look.

9.jpg

Fitted by Xtremevan again they did a great job.

Next was carpet lining a few harsh words was said while doing this.

10.jpg

11.jpg

Then it was onto the floor i used the old 9mm ply from the van lining kit.

12.jpg

13.JPG

I made a template and cut all the raised areas out also added a bit more silent coat for good measure:) and some dodo insulation

Next was a condensation barrier every were.

14.JPG
15.JPG

then 12mm ply ontop.

16.JPG

Then i stuck down altro floor covering and forgot to take a photo:oops:

Then onto the under seat electrics bought from Travelvolts. This took a while to configure as i wanted it all to fit under the drivers seat a 110 amp battery. A mains hook up RCD unit. CTEK Dual 250SA battery to battery charger. and a victron IP 65 mains battery charger.

17.JPG

18.JPG
It was a tight squeeze:eek:

My EVO Design units arrived 2 weekends a way from camper jam. Pressure was on to get them built and in the Van.
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.JPG
and out of the living room. wife was not too keen on the new look.:D

Then more electrics into the back of the van the kit i used was from switch panel.

22.JPG

EVO units built ready to go in the van. units are good quality but I only received A drawing of the units didn't seem to be any building instruction telling you what went were.:confused:
23.JPG
24.jpg

Really chuffed got them in wiring wired up and all worked. Happy days :)

water was next decided on a under slung tank from CAK pretty easy to fit 25.JPG

decided on a Rib Seat as every were seemed to say they were the most comfortable in bed form. I was a bit concerned over the implications over the height issue every one was talking about with the HILO roof. But in the end i decided i would mainly be in the back when the roof was up.
But luckily i still fit when the roof is down but only just:)27.JPG
Rib Bed Bolted together Ready to go in.
28.JPG
Rib bed in.
Had blinds put in by Van shades they managed to fit me in just before camper Jam.another great job done.29.JPG 30.JPG

Managed to 95 percent finish the Thursday before Camper jam. still a few bits and bobs to sort and plenty of none camper accessories to get. but like every one says you never stop wanting things for these Vdubs.;)
P1000572.JPG
The Sunday after camper jam. The vans first outing as a camper with the T6 forum. Was a great weekend with great people didn't get to meet every one. but i'm sure their will be plenty more T6 forum Meets to go to.:)

Back