H4's V's LED's - Real World Test

When you overtake a lad out training on his bicycle and his light creates a van shadow in your path, you know there's an issue.

I spoke to VW CC about H4's and they flatly denied that there is a problem - 'nothing in the Knowledge Base Sir!' The reason for that is they are in total denial, its only going to get recorded when they accept there is a problem.

I'm expecting a follow up call on my other woes in a week or so, I'll make sure that he knows that it's a widespread concern both here and on the German forum.

My main bike light is 1700 lumens. That's brighter than most car lights on main beam.

@surf-report Bulbs are a consumable item and therefore replacing bulbs cannot invalidate a warranty providing the replacements have not necessitated change to the vehicles construction (such as modifying bulb holders) or caused damage to the vehicle in anyway (such as melting plastic lens covers or overloading the wiring). In order for VW to prove these things they would have to carry out a technical examination and give you written notice that the warranty has been invalidated and a statement of reason for that invalidation. Anything less renders them liable to being sued (probably for breach of contract or unfair contract) with all the ensuing bad publicity.

When last I looked in the instruction book for the car its not specified any other things that the bulbs needs to be the same socket(obviously) and wattage. I cant remember that ANY brand is specified ..

Back