Gov Permitted development rights consultation- No campervans

Green Giant

T6 Guru
Potentially a sneaky change to the Permitted development rights, to only allow tents, no more camper vans, motor homes or caravans.

B6284BFA-D0F4-45E8-858A-2F218186ACEF.jpeg

B073575D-4796-462D-A394-C569AEBFB56F.jpeg

They want you to use a tent, not a vehicle. You're supposed to arrive on foot with said tent on your back. It's the future.
I don’t mind sleeping under canvas at all, but I ain’t carrying a 10 man tent on my glass back!!
How would I also carry all my beers / LED lights / flag poles / food / Caddac / gas bottles / underpants & clean socks for the wknd?
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I don’t mind sleeping under canvas at all, but I ain’t carrying a 10 man tent on my glass back!!
How would I also carry all my beers / LED lights / flag poles / food / Caddac / gas bottles / underpants & clean socks for the wknd?
:thumbsup:

Gas bottles???? :eek:
You won't be allowed those either.

Gas bottles???? :eek:
You won't be allowed those either.
Sorry, that should have read as singular (gas bottle), not plural as in gas bottles. :thumbsup:
Does that make it better?
Apologies for the confusion...

Sorry, that should have read as singular (gas bottle), not plural as in gas bottles. :thumbsup:
Does that make it better?
Apologies for the confusion...
I'm joking with you, I believe that there is no real justification for the banning of camper vans and caravans in the permitted development rights, but I do think it's the thin end of the wedge and one day they'll ban gas on sites.

Permanent Van life = freedom of sorts for. 60,000 ish off grid in uk .../= government no control ..

They continue to ban vans on parking up any where . Official campsites next

And Dartmoor - did they not already ban tents/camping there because some rich bloke didn’t like it?

This sucks.

Seems it’s all about making the use of private motor vehicles, especially leisure vehicles, as difficult and as expensive as possible, very few people backpack these days,so will arrive in a vehicle, none of this makes any sense, so it’s ok to tow a toilet block porta cabin into a field with a tractor, but not a van with its own onboard facilities, solar power etc etc,onto the land, I guess the team that came up with ‘smart motorways’ have a new project

Back